Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No magnetic EKII core

Article about: by Snni Here is the non magnetic cross, that I bought from Trevor. Is this the one you were talking about, Adrian? That's the one! The same type as Massimo's with a Paulmann & Crone reve

?

Default No magnetic EKII core

This mix of rust is one of my last add to my collection.
    The core is no magnetic; is possible this cross is a Paulmann & Crone ??

Thanks a lot for any info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No magnetic EKII core   No magnetic EKII core  

No magnetic EKII core   No magnetic EKII core  

No magnetic EKII core   No magnetic EKII core  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No magnetic EKII core
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: No magnetic EKII core

Hi Massimo,
    Not a Paulmann & Crone unfortunately. The frame is looking very much like an S&L. The reverse date is quite distinctive though. I'll see if I can find a match when I get home next.

Unless Nick wants to take this one? I did promise him in a previous thread.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Hi Massimo,
    Not a Paulmann & Crone unfortunately. The frame is looking very much like an S&L. The reverse date is quite distinctive though. I'll see if I can find a match when I get home next.

Unless Nick wants to take this one? I did promise him in a previous thread.........
    Adrian, I think you deduce correctly , however I will allow you the opportunity to compare the said date and come back to us with a more conclusive answer. If you require any assistance or input please dont hesitate to contact me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Adrian, I think you deduce correctly , however I will allow you the opportunity to compare the said date and come back to us with a more conclusive answer. If you require any assistance or input please dont hesitate to contact me

Nick
    Thank you Nick, that's very magnanimous. I appreciate your gesture and admire your sloping shoulders.......

?

@ Adrian : probably you 'll not find a match. I think Massimo took a rare cross and there are some possibilities that it could be an early Paulmann & Crone before to use own frames and cores, may be just variante non magnetic. Date 1813 seems to match and I have to think that no one other used it. Just my thought of course.

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    @ Adrian : probably you 'll not find a match. I think Massimo took a rare cross and there are some possibilities that it could be an early Paulmann & Crone before to use own frames and cores, may be just variante non magnetic. Date 1813 seems to match and I have to think that no one other used it. Just my thought of course.
    Aha! Yes, of course! You're absolutely right Fabri.
    I had completely forgotten about these unique crosses.
    The rear half of the core is a Paulmann & Crone type yet everything else about the cross is from another maker. I believe Trevor over on WAF had an example he sold on estand - I wish I had been quicker!
    Here is a photo from the reverse of one of my Paulmann & Crone crosses, the dates do match.
    I'm more of the thought that Paulmann & Crone supplied another manufacturer parts ie: the rear half of the core, rather than another maker supplying Paulmann with the frame halves and front of the core.
    I just can't see Paulmann & Crone creating the capacity to manufacture one single part and nothing else for a time. I can see the possibility of another maker having a production problem with this one part and needing to buy in parts from another maker, in this case Paulmann & Crone - potentially others. It's just the unique date style makes these more noticeable.
    That's just my opinion of course.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No magnetic EKII core  

?

Hi Adrian
    thanks for your reply. Really impossible for me to know who produced it, just thoughts, and yes possible they supplied another manufacturer, but do we find these ones just non magnetic ?
    I have thought early P&C because we find some crosses with S&L frame and front side design but back side show own date design, example I have in mind now is the m.m. 60.
    Both were in the list of early EKII manufacturers and both in Ludensheid.
    But at the end are just thought without real proofs.. so just to talk

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Aha! Yes, of course! You're absolutely right Fabri.
    I had completely forgotten about these unique crosses.
    The rear half of the core is a Paulmann & Crone type yet everything else about the cross is from another maker. I believe Trevor over on WAF had an example he sold on estand - I wish I had been quicker!
    Here is a photo from the reverse of one of my Paulmann & Crone crosses, the dates do match.
    I'm more of the thought that Paulmann & Crone supplied another manufacturer parts ie: the rear half of the core, rather than another maker supplying Paulmann with the frame halves and front of the core.
    I just can't see Paulmann & Crone creating the capacity to manufacture one single part and nothing else for a time. I can see the possibility of another maker having a production problem with this one part and needing to buy in parts from another maker, in this case Paulmann & Crone - potentially others. It's just the unique date style makes these more noticeable.
    That's just my opinion of course.

I think I got that cross
    I will post a few pictures tomorrow!

Regards Sonny

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Hi Adrian
    thanks for your reply. Really impossible for me to know who produced it, just thoughts, and yes possible they supplied another manufacturer, but do we find these ones just non magnetic ?
    I have thought early P&C because we find some crosses with S&L frame and front side design but back side show own date design, example I have in mind now is the m.m. 60.
    Both were in the list of early EKII manufacturers and both in Ludensheid.
    But at the end are just thought without real proofs.. so just to talk
    Yes, that's part of the hobby, it would be boring if we knew all the answers, there would be nothing to discuss!
    I have two P&C crosses, one is magnetic, one non magnetic so we know this maker produced both, it's just the circumstances surrounding the supply to or purchase from other manufacturers that would be good to know.

Quote by Snni View Post

I think I got that cross
    I will post a few pictures tomorrow!

Regards Sonny
    Why am I not surprised!
    You get all the interesting crosses Sonny! It would be great if you could post some pics.

?

Here is the non magnetic cross, that I bought from Trevor. Is this the one you were talking about, Adrian?

No magnetic EKII core

No magnetic EKII core

No magnetic EKII core

No magnetic EKII core

No magnetic EKII core

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast