MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

And now for something completely different.....

Article about: by fabri Hello Bob you have a very nice example of a W&L with frosted finish obtained with the standard procedure but Adrian showed a cross with paint applied with brush, this is really

?

Default And now for something completely different.....

.....a Wachtler & Lange EK2.
    Ok, they're very common, everybody seems to have one and they're normally very shiny and nice.
    This one is a little different. (Some members may have seen it before so apologies if you're one of them.)
    A Wachtler & Lange but not as you normally see them. Very dark frames and hand applied frosting.
    The following is from a well respected collector who is working on some very interesting material regarding several well known premier makers.

"It is silver plated with a special frosting procedure developed by S&L. It is from the time Juncker and S&L were teamed up - short lived because of a Spanish cross dispute - and a frosting type never accepted by W&L when Juncker teamed up with W&L."

There will be more to come regarding this, hopefully in the not too distant future so in the meantime enjoy the pics!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And now for something completely different.....   And now for something completely different.....  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement And now for something completely different.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: And now for something completely different.....

I didnt realise the two had joined forces!

I just love that frosting

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Very nice and hard to find with this look.

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I didnt realise the two had joined forces!
    Tip of the iceberg Nick! As I alluded to in my original post there is some very interesting history to come out soon, I don't know all of it as the researcher doesn't want to give little bits out and have everyone getting the wrong idea. But it will be interesting and will challenge certain things we take for granted now.
    The EK above is a small part of the puzzle and will be featured in his findings. I hope he'll come here and share it on the forum.

I hope so too, sounds fascinating! It sounds like he is re-writing the EK history books!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

adrian thats very intresting info, also is the small black parts on the front frosting whare the frosting has wore of and the metal below has darkend? quite a strange looking cross that

The 100 marked crosses with the painted frosting are certainly scarce. I have found a total of two of them.

This one clearly has painted frosting.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And now for something completely different.....   And now for something completely different.....  

?

Hello Bob
    you have a very nice example of a W&L with frosted finish obtained with the standard procedure but Adrian showed a cross with paint applied with brush, this is really very hard to find.
    I have just a cross and it has the neusilber hand applied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And now for something completely different.....  

?

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    also is the small black parts on the front frosting whare the frosting has wore of and the metal below has darkend?
    Hi Ewan,
    As well as wear on the high points, the most likely reason for the dark patches in the frosting is because when the frosting was applied it was applied to a brand new shiny cross. It may have been hard to see any missed spots. Over time these missed areas have darkened the same as the frame and are more easy to see now. This would account for the uneven edges too.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    The 100 marked crosses with the painted frosting are certainly scarce. I have found a total of two of them.

This one clearly has painted frosting.

Bob Hritz
    A very nice frosted example Bob Looks good enough to eat !

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast