Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!

Article about: by Glenn66 The ribbon looks OK to me but the images are far from clear enough to make a call. Im just assuming the ribbon is bad due to the fact the photographer has taken such steps to hide

Default Re: OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!

Congrats indeed you lucky man

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Steinhauer & Luck 'B' type frames are generally accepted to be post war manufactured.
    Yes, that may be the "generally accepted" view, but there are many serious and experienced RK collectors who disagree completely. Instead, they believe that the real test of whether a swastika-cored cross with a "B" frame is postwar depends on quality of assembly and finishing.

Two separate dies, not "one repaired die".

?

Hence the reason I said 'generally accepted' and not 'they are'. Alot of faith is placed upon book authors and internet experts and very often collectors get lulled into a false sense of security based upon what they read and who makes the statement. Everyone is capable of making his or her mind up based upon the information they find. What they choose to believe is entirely up to the individual.
    At the end of the day no-one can be 100% sure either way except for those that made them. Make your own mind up based upon the information in front of you and if you're prepared to put the time in researching.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

The problem with the B Types is what would you pay for one , the same as a genuine and recognised wartime manufactured RK ? In todays market definately not !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I purchased this as a post war S&L ... Eyes wide open.. The ribbon was not part of the purchase, but one I had already..

?

Cmon guys stop holding out.... fess up .... let's see em

Great addition !
    Congratulations!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

To keep the thread on track and about the Ritterkreuz I have moved the off topic threads to another in the main Orders and Decorations forum.
    From now on please keep posts in this thread relevant to the title.
    Thank You.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I made a seperate thread for my first RK... but I would also like to add it to this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!   OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!  

OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!  

WOooooWWW

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast