Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this 2nd class Eisernes Kreuz

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to buy this iron cross (no marks). I made some research and it sounds genuine to me, but I would like to read a much more experienced feedback prior to buying it. Every

Default Opinions on this 2nd class Eisernes Kreuz

Hi guys,

I would like to buy this iron cross (no marks). I made some research and it sounds genuine to me,
    but I would like to read a much more experienced feedback prior to buying it.

Opinions on this 2nd class Eisernes KreuzOpinions on this 2nd class Eisernes Kreuz

Every opinion would be much appreaciated.

Thanks in advance

VP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this 2nd class Eisernes Kreuz
    P
    Many

From what I can see in these images, it looks like a rather salty original piece. It has a rather heavy patina, and it seems something has been chewing on the ribbon.

In all honesty, if all you're after is an unmarked E.K.II., I'd humbly recommend searching for a better one. If you buy a salty piece, you'll only want to upgrade it later.

Regards, B.B.

Hello.

From what i can see it looks like a decent ek2, but the ring looks a bit chrushed?
    But it is an original cross.. and if it is cheap go for it!

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    From what I can see in these images, it looks like a rather salty original piece. It has a rather heavy patina, and it seems something has been chewing on the ribbon.

In all honesty, if all you're after is an unmarked E.K.II., I'd humbly recommend searching for a better one. If you buy a salty piece, you'll only want to upgrade it later.

Regards, B.B.
    I think it is worth doing the research to find out who made this cross. It may be an uncommon maker and a difficult to find example.

That being said, there is no need to hid the swastika on this forum. Sometimes it is one of the few clues as to who the maker is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree with Ralph, it would be good to see better, clearer pictures without the Swastika being blanked out. As Ralph mentioned it will help those more in the know to discover who the maker is and it could well be a hard to find one. On the other had as B.B mentioned, if all you want is an EKII that is unmarked for you're collection then there are far better examples available out there.

Wilko

Thank you all for your feedbacks. I really appreciated them.

Is pay it less than 90 euro a right price for this piece?

This would be for my first EKII, so for the moment I don't look for anything peculiar (I only want an original medal).

@BrodieBartfast sorry not being English I don't undestand the meaning of salty (maybe well used?)

@rbminis I posted the photo I found on the site of the dealer. I didn't blanked it out by myself. I'll try to obtain better pictures.

Quote by VanPanz View Post
    Thank you all for your feedbacks. I really appreciated them.

Is pay it less than 90 euro a right price for this piece?

This would be for my first EKII, so for the moment I don't look for anything peculiar (I only want an original medal).

@BrodieBartfast sorry not being English I don't undestand the meaning of salty (maybe well used?)

@rbminis I posted the photo I found on the site of the dealer. I didn't blanked it out by myself. I'll try to obtain better pictures.
    90 Euro is about right for a piece in that condition, maybe just a tad higher than most people would be willing to pay. You wouldn't have to spend much more to get a nice clean one. I paid around 125 Euros for this unmarked piece:

Opinions on this 2nd class Eisernes Kreuz

Yes, 'salty' refers to a piece that is very well worn and dirty, but that is otherwise intact. Some collectors like the look, others don't.

I'd humbly recommend this dealer if it's E.K.II.s you're interested in: Iron Cross 1939 - Eisernes Kreuz 1939. 1st and 2nd class.

Regards, B.B.

Good K&Q. There are much cheaper EKs in better condition out there.

I'll send you a pm.

Regards,
    Nick

Thank you for your useful inputs!