Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for them

Article about: Gents I need your help! I want to finish my display of Iron Crosses and that really isnt possible without a Ritterkreuz. However it may be some years before I have the funds for something li

?

Default Opinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for them

Gents I need your help! I want to finish my display of Iron Crosses and that really isnt possible without a Ritterkreuz. However it may be some years before I have the funds for something like that. So what to do... I have noticed that a few of you collect the 57 awards and the prices on a 57 Ritterkreuz seem much more attainable. While I am still learning and am no expert on 57 awards, I found one on ebay that seems legit and reasonable in price. I will post pics below. I am also open to any advise on a better place to find them. As always your help is greatly appreciated
    Opinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for themOpinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for themOpinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for them
    P
    Many

A nice second pattern "C"- frame. Those pics sure look familiar, is the seller 'elitemilitaria' per chance? If so; it's way overpriced as usual!

With a little patience you should be able to find a nice early RK for a more decent price on WAF's estand. Will send you a pm.

Regards

?

Nick, Thank you! I really appreciate the advise. Yes the RK pictured is from elitemilitaria and he is asking $600USD The cheapest I have seen so far is around $400USD but I have only begun my search I'll look for your PM

Nick is correct, a nice St u L "C" frame, second pattern cored 57er RK !
    If I remember correctly it comes with a box and ribbon, and the core is magnetic.....it is IMHO correctly priced and if I was looking for one I would pay £400 ($600) for it no problem, Elite Militaria's prices, as Nick states have in the past been high, but these early St u L 57er RK's have jumped up in price recently, demand is high for early 57er badges/awards & medals, so their prices are now beginning to look good !
    My advice is, if you want one of these crosses, buy it !
    Prost ! Steve/

?

Thank you Steve! your insight is greatly appreciated and I too have noticed that the price is competitive If i consider the exchange rate, auction fee, and shipping.

Gents just this minute watched this cross (see image below) just sell on E-Bay for just under 700 Euro (£550+) it was an early "B" frame, not marked (neusilber) and no box.......so the boxed "C" frame at £400 is pitched just right....some may consider it a bargain !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on a 57 Ritterkreuz and better places to look for them