Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions needed on Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz...

Article about: Hello everybody! I have recently purchased from a serious collector this unmarked Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz. I had already with me the oakleaves with swords marked "900 .... SILBER L/50&quo

Exclamation Opinions needed on Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz...

Hello everybody!

I have recently purchased from a serious collector, this unmarked Sedlatzek RK. I had already with me the oakleaves with swords marked "900 .... SILBER L/50", which maker I cannot identify, I think it is probably postwar. I bought the display case as "replica" in another ocasion (could it be genuine?), ribbon is obviously modern. Cross has magnetic core and frame is most likely silver.

Please let me know your opinions on this set! How much valuable is a Sedlatzek RK? Is there any possibility of these to be wartime decorations?? I was told that Wittmann sold a few Sedlatzek RKs at $2500 each, times ago...

Many thanks in advance and very best regards,

Jose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed on Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz...
    P
    Many

Indeed the so called Sedlatzek RK, a bit if grey area whether wartime or post war. The frames and reverse date are identical to that of a post war Souval RK. It's only because they were found so shortly after the war, collectors aren't sure about there origin. The OLS I don't know, 'L/50' is Godet.

The case and ribbon are interesting. Are all the metal parts on the case magnetic? Could you show a photo of the underside too please?

Regards

A very interesting RK.....you need to read this thread on WAF Sedlatzek Knights cross - Page 4 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums contentious at the very least ! Looks to have some connection with Souval !
    The case you show looks like an early 57er case form St u L ?
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks for the link Steve made for some interesting reading and as stated quite contentious.

Regards Mark

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your nice comment on this RK, I apologize for the late reply but I went out for the weekend, and could not access the internet but only with an old tablet...

Yes all metal parts on the case are magnetic...

Again many thanks and very best regards,

Jose

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your comments on the Sedlatzek cross! I went out for the weekend and could not respond before...

I have followed the link for the WAF thread, a very interesting discussion regarding these crosses!

Jose

Default Another Sedlatzek RK??

Hello again...

I would like to share with you all, some photos I took tonight from another RK, which belongs to a good friend.

By coincidence it is probably another Sedlatzek cross, at least he was told so many years ago when he bought it... But it is not identical to my one, as the frame does have not the dipping suspension ring, and the last "9" from the date "1939", is not rounded but straight.

Is this in your expert opinion a Sedlatzek cross also, or not?

Jose