Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.?

Article about: Bad to the bone! Do some basic research Nick

?

Default Re: Original Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.?

Im collecting EKs & lots of other military stuff at the same time!! I think the odd repro doesnt do any harm in a collection providing you dont try to pass it off as the real deal!! I would love some items but bills,dogs,missus, get in the way so the odd "fake" I think is okay!!! IMO.. cheers guys Terry. p.s not 1 this bad mind!!! lol....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I did want to ask,however-Adrian? Not trying to start any sort of argument here, naturally, but Is it "official" now the requirement to use the proper German terminology when starting a thread? And, what about when discussing such an item in subsequent postings in reply? It doesn't make all that much difference to me, as, likely with most of us here, I don't really "see" the German term when I look at it, but it automatically translates in the head anyway. But, I can understand where some newer collectors or stubborn older ones might have abit of annoyance or trouble with it, of course. Naturally, it's understood that we have members here from all sorts of various nationalities, but the site is an English speaking one, so I thought I'd probably best ask and make sure just to be safe. If it Has gone official, should you make a sticky thread post announcing it-just to avoid confusion?
    No, it's not 'official' or an absolute requirement but it is a request.
    As outlined in the pinned 'German Terminology' thread here, it is to make collectors aware of the German names for the items we collect. I never enforce this as a strict rule and never make members use the German terms but I would like to think we could make the small effort to do this. I will always change the thread title to read in German but can understand that during a discussion it is easier to talk about it in English. Any new member should read the pinned threads and understand what standards we like to see on the forum. If we want to learn about our collectibles, the manufacturers, the construction, the history, why not learn and use their proper names?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Original Iron Cross 1st Class?

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    What the...

I didn't mean for it to be demanding. I wasn't angry or expecting anything at all! Please forgive this misunderstanding.
    That's fine, thank you for replying. I hope you can see how it came across from another perspective.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

bills,dogs,missus
    Interesting order you put that in! I'm sure the better half might have a word about that...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ah I see what you mean lol!!! Hope Aly the Missus doesnt see it!!!....Cheers Terry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3