Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original ek1 or not?

Article about: hi everyone, is this to be a good original "20" EK1? CAN YOU help me? THANKS DAVID

Default Original ek1 or not?

hi everyone,

is this to be a good original "20" EK1?

CAN YOU help me?

THANKS

DAVID
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original ek1 or not?   Original ek1 or not?  

Original ek1 or not?   Original ek1 or not?  

Attached Images Attached Images Original ek1 or not?  Original ek1 or not?  Original ek1 or not? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original ek1 or not?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original ek1 or not?

Wait for a response from someone more knowlegeable, but it looks like a good CF Zimmerman example to me. I would like to see closer pics of the front detail and hinge.

thank you very much ,alikat.

Well these pictures confirm the suspicion I think...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original ek1 or not?   Original ek1 or not?  

Attached Images Attached Images Original ek1 or not? 

It looks ok, compare it to my example

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Original ek1 or not?  Original ek1 or not?  Original ek1 or not?  Original ek1 or not? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It looks ok to me also, but it's hard to tell from your photographs if it has been repainted.
    These Zimmermann crosses are frequently found with corrosion and paint loss to the core (see Nicks example, and my old one was similar).
    But still, from what I can see, I would say it is a genuine C.F. Zimmermann.

Regards - Danny

?

I've never seen a CF Zimmermann EK1 with the suspension ring locating mark for an EK2 on the top edge of the frame before. This would suggest that this maker made EK2s but I'm not aware of any by this maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I've never seen a CF Zimmermann EK1 with the suspension ring locating mark for an EK2 on the top edge of the frame before. This would suggest that this maker made EK2s but I'm not aware of any by this maker.
    Well spotted Adrian!
    I never even noticed it. Maybe a Godet frame? (Shared parts and all that...)

Regards - Danny

?

Potentially Danny, maybe David can post some closer photos for us to study?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for all the people

more detail PIC:

?

Thank you for the advanced education Adrian. I would lean towards a repaint, as the numerals are less clear than on other examples I have seen, and I have not seen one that looks so 'black'. I was interested in the EK2 ring location mark on the top of the frame, which I didn't pick up on. I think I see it on an example on Lakesidetrader also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast