Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re: Help with my EK

Article about: Hello there.. I hope this is the right forum / group.. I usually collect Buckles, cloth and documents / photos etc; Recently there was a buckle I had purchased and with it came what I believ

?

Default Re: Help with my EK

Hello there..
    I hope this is the right forum / group..
    I usually collect Buckles, cloth and documents / photos etc;
    Recently there was a buckle I had purchased and with it came what I believe a EK Second class medal... I do not know anything as to authenticity as I really don't follow or collect them...The buckle is 100% legit as I know enough about them... But before I try to sell this towards another item I would like to be sure that I am not offering for sale
    a "Fake" as I would not like that happening to me or others...Any help would be appreciated.....Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Help with my EK   Re: Help with my EK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Re: Help with my EK
    P
    Many

?

That is an original cross. Won't be able to tell you the maker until I can see it on a bigger screen but maybe one of the others can help in the meantime.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

as Adrian said its original.

It looks like you hit the jackpot!
    If I am not mistaken, this is an übergroße EK2!!

You got yourself a heck of a good deal.
    It's worth probably four to five times as much as a regular EK2.

Regards - Danny

P.S. and even better, you have the much harder to find version with no filing on the inner corners.

Here's mine to compare (mine has some filing).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Help with my EK  
    Last edited by Danny70; 07-14-2013 at 01:10 AM.

?

If it is as Danny says you could be looking at about €500 or the dollar equivalent!

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hello there..
    I hope this is the right forum / group..
    But before I try to sell this towards another item I would like to be sure that I am not offering for sale
    a "Fake" as I would not like that happening to me or others...Any help would be appreciated.....Gwar
    Firstly, a belated welcome to the forum!

This is in the correct place - the "Eisernes Kreuz forum". Appears you have done rather well - if indeed it is an Übergrosse EKII, then a very nice acquisition it is. If I may make a suggestion - which could well benefit you should you wish to sell the piece in the near future, a small fee towards the upkeep costs of the forum entitles you to Gold membership - a fraction of the amount saved by not knowing what you have already learned here and allows you to advertise the item here on the forum. If this sounds of interest, take a moment to look at the information here www.warrelics.eu/forum/payments.php

Regards,

Carl

?

Now I can see it on a proper screen I agree with Danny, an übergroße EK2 or 'Oversize'.

If you measure it, it will be a few mm larger than a regular EK2. A regular cross measures approx 44mm x 44mm. An übergroße will measure slightly more, approx 47mm x 47mm.

There are many threads here about them but here are links to a couple I started a few years ago: Ubergrosse, Standard and Schinkel EK2s for Reference and 'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.

?

Thank you all..... Now the "Kicker" I purchased this set, buckle and EK 2 at an estate sale
    auction for $60.00 U.S. Unbelievable.... And yes...I do plan on becoming a sustaining member.....Again thanks.....Gwar

?

That is a very good deal indeed, well done and good luck with your fortune. You can afford to sell the EK2 at a good collector to collector price and still make a massive profit.

Congratulations on such a fine score, and thanks for sharing it with us...I admit I didn't notice that it was an Uebergrosse, I thought it was just a wide-frame EKII, lol...
    Welcome to the Forum and happy hunting...
    Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast