Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake? EK2

Article about: Hi, this is my first post here. I'm planning on buying this. It's cheap, less than 40 euros, maybe for his bad state and the hole on the upper side. I kind of like it but I need to know if i

PEldritch
    ?

Default Real or fake? EK2

Hi, this is my first post here.
    I'm planning on buying this. It's cheap, less than 40 euros, maybe for his bad state and the hole on the upper side. I kind of like it but I need to know if its real. The seller says is probably from Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plakettenhersteller. Is my first EK2. Any opinions? Thanks.

2. # ADS

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Real or fake? EK2

I personally wouldnt buy this not for that sort of money no way You should save my money... because for a little bit more you can buy a decent undamaged one with the ribbon.

Luke.

?

Hello and welcome!
    I'm not sure why you would want to pay anything at all for this cross. No ribbon or suspension ring, no ribbon, worn core and a hole through the top arm.
    I just don't get it. You won't be able to sell it in the future - at least, not for 40€. For an extra 20/25/30€ you can get a decent example of a whole cross!
    Not being funny but the seller is probably laughing his head off right now thinking he has a buyer for this junk, seriously, 40€? If this cross is worth 40€, my collection has just tripled in value!
    I apologise if I come across as rude, I really don't intend to but I really hate to see good people throwing away good money on rubbish such as this and a seller ripping someone off. He hasn't even got the maker right, the cross is a Fritz Zimmermann.
    I can't tell you how to spend your money but my advice to you is to turn around and walk away. I seriously would not entertain buying this cross.
    Again, please don't take what I've written as having a go at you, I'm not. I'm just trying to save you from wasting 40€.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

PEldritch
    ?

Thanks to you all for your sincere and quick response. Definitely not buying this cross. Adrian, I don't find your opinion rude at all.

Welcome aboard!

Good advice from Adrian ! You did the right thing putting on the forum!

Good luck with finding your first, there are plenty around

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post

Good luck with finding your first, there are plenty around
    As you well know...

?

thats a no go. i would pay fifteen $ tops. its a medal, there are thousands of these out there. the cross isint particularly rare either.