Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.

Article about: These medals mean a lot to me, and i was wondering if they were legit or not. Thanks in advance to those that answer. Also, sorry if the quality of the pictures is not too good. I do realize

ChrisVBK
    ?

Default Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.

These medals mean a lot to me, and i was wondering if they were legit or not. Thanks in advance to those that answer. Also, sorry if the quality of the pictures is not too good. I do realize that the banner or cloth (whatever its called) is not original. Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your Ostmedaille looks like a good one despite the damaged ring, but unfortunately, I am afraid I am not comfortable at all with the Round 3 EK2....

Leaving aside the sloppy re-paint, I have never seen this style of frame on a genuine 'Round 3', but I have seen it on some fakes.
    As far as I am aware, all 'Round 3' EK2's have a 'hump' at the top of the frame where the jump ring is attached - unlike yours.

I would like to hear what the other guys thinks about this one.

For illustration purposes, the image below shows 2 types of 'Round 3', the 'bevelled edge', and the 'plateau', both have the afore mentioned 'hump' as do the Deschler version and the unknown.

The image below that shows a known fake 'Round 3' with what I believe to be the same frame type as yours.

Regards - Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.   Real/Fake? Please help with my two medals.