Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real Ritterkreuz presentation boxes and ribbons?

Article about: I recently bought these from a guy online and thy finally showed up today however like all knights cross stuff i am dubious of their authenticity

Default Real Ritterkreuz presentation boxes and ribbons?

I recently bought these from a guy online and thy finally showed up today however like all knights cross stuff i am dubious of their authenticity

Last edited by Adrian; 04-17-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Ritterkreuz presentation boxes and ribbons?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real Knights Cross presentation boxes and ribbons?

The ribbons are original, and the red box is a known case for base KC awards. The black case on the other hand looks like a personal item which the recipient was put his award in. A mint ribbon goes for around 400-450 USD mint. The one with the initials on it is not the full length and has been cut down to fit the person. The longer one is the correct length. Good Find

Morris

?

I would remain dubious. I have never heard of a red case for a knights cross, not on its own anyway. The ribbons, with the initials, probably not. You have to do a thread count on these.
    Pete
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-06-2012 at 02:53 AM.

I would remain dubious. I have never heard of a red case for a knights cross
    Wood i know what you are thinking, the usual KC were awarded in black cases, i have read in the "Forman's Guide to third Reich awards edition 1"

I have just discovered that that red case is not a KC case but the case for the grand cross of the iron cross
    Duluxe presentation red leather, large case
    Made by Junckers of Berlin.

My friend Richtofen you have found the mother of all cases.

The Case alone was worth 5,000 in 1988 so it would be around 6 or 8 thousand today.

holy Jesus what a find Morris

?

Can you post better pics of the ribbons please. The one marked HO is postwar made and does not conform to known and accepted ribbons made during the war.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Adrian is quite correct , that ribbon is not original and better photos inside and out are needed of the " Mother of all cases " as it quite well could be the " Mother of all fakes " unless Morris is an expert on Grand Cross cases of course !!!

The case displayed here does not appear to be of the correct dimensions to have held a Grosskreuz and looks to be incorrect in design !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I am extremely skeptical. I do not like the look of the eagle on the red case.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Please please please post things before you part with any cash. If you had posted the items above and the RK in your other post the guys here could've saved your money.
    You will not find items such as you've posted for less than four figure amounts.
    Until you gain some experience you would be well advised to post things here before you give your money away on fakes.
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-16-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

heres some more pics of the red presentation box

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast