Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ritter Kreuz micro 800

Article about: hi guys i hope someone can provide some more information about this cross it measures 48 x 48 mm and weights 30,29gramm it is not magnetic ! and is made out of 3 pieces

?

Default Re: Ritter Kreuz micro 800

Quote by j dubbel View Post

or should i post this piece seperate from the cross ?
    No, not at all it's fine to keep them together.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritter Kreuz micro 800
    P
    Many

The cross initially shown is a so-called type "B" from S&L. IF the current state of knowledge is correct, the frame for this particular cross (because of the numerous raised beading flaws in the arms) was stamped some time after the the first 1957 version RK's were introduced. Nevertheless, it is a very nice example if you don't want to spend big money.

The initial O&S attached to the cross were a later manufacture O&S S&L style which do not match the quality of the earliest O&S associated with the first 1957 RK "re-issues". The replacement set marked to Godet is not the actual Godet style, but instead appear be a copy of the style Detlev Niemann identified as being Juncker. To confuse matters even more, Dietrich Maerz (and others) have said that Juncker had a different style.

harrier can you see that from those blurry pics of the O&S ?

thanks for the info

so to be shure what do i have exactly ,got me a bit confused there mate

Quote by j dubbel View Post
    harrier can you see that from those blurry pics of the O&S ?

thanks for the info
    I have been intently looking at this stuff for so long that I'm about blind.
    Sometimes, I can tell even from blurry photos; other times I need a 30X loupe; sometimes I can't tell at all!

What does the owner have? A very nice looking post-1957 produced cross, made with frames stamped after 1957 from the original die (now damaged and soon to be replaced by the so-called "C" die), with a core which may or may not be a leftover original piece from the war. (Right now, there's no way to know to an absolute 100% certainty.) The O&S originally attached were produced, probably by S&L, and probably in the 1960's. The "Godet" set now attached is, IMO, a postwar copy of a style said by Niemann to have been a pre-November, 1941 design by Juncker. There is a very nice set of this style marked '900' and "L/12" which (again only IMO) may be a legitimate wartime version by Juncker. There is also the exact same style, marked with silver content and the Godet PKZ code '21' (the font used for the markings is close, but not exact, to the correct Godet font), which has identical dimensions (so from the same dies as the 'Juncker' pieces), but the weight of the 'Godet' marked pieces is fairly dramatically different from the "L/12" marked pieces.

Quote by Harrier View Post
    I have been intently looking at this stuff for so long that I'm about blind.
    Sometimes, I can tell even from blurry photos; other times I need a 30X loupe; sometimes I can't tell at all!

What does the owner have? A very nice looking post-1957 produced cross, made with frames stamped after 1957 from the original die (now damaged and soon to be replaced by the so-called "C" die), with a core which may or may not be a leftover original piece from the war. (Right now, there's no way to know to an absolute 100% certainty.) The O&S originally attached were produced, probably by S&L, and probably in the 1960's. The "Godet" set now attached is, IMO, a postwar copy of a style said by Niemann to have been a pre-November, 1941 design by Juncker. There is a very nice set of this style marked '900' and "L/12" which (again only IMO) may be a legitimate wartime version by Juncker. There is also the exact same style, marked with silver content and the Godet PKZ code '21' (the font used for the markings is close, but not exact, to the correct Godet font), which has identical dimensions (so from the same dies as the 'Juncker' pieces), but the weight of the 'Godet' marked pieces is fairly dramatically different from the "L/12" marked pieces.
    harrier thanks for explaining really appreciated

cheers jake

?

Good info Harrier, thank you for taking the time to post.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2