Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ritterkreuz.

Article about: If you said these came from your grandad ,if i remember correctly, then it stands a good chance. John Brandon makes a good point, these are made very accurately nowadays . Here's some images

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz.

The 935 Oase marks it as a B type S and L but the cross itself needs to have closer photos taken of the 3 o clock and 9 o clock arms to determine if the flaws are present that would indicate an A or B type !!

Certainly looks like a micro 800 stamp which would make the cross an A Type.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz.
    P
    Many

Paul, I agree with you, better photos would help. Looking carefully at the provided photos, you can just make out the 9 o'clock knee flaw. There is no evidence of the dent row that I can see. I also agree that the 935 loop is perfectly ok for this cross. To me this is a very nice "A" frame cross.
    Wolfgang

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Please , an item such as this can cost £6 -7,000 plus so if you don't know anyhting about them don't give an opinion someone might just buy it on the back of your " knowledge " or lack of !!
    I sincerely apologize for the issues my advice has caused. Knights crosses deserve a lot of years experience and a massive wallet both in which I do not have. From little knowledge I have of rk's it would have probably been best not to have said anything, and would wish the OP wouldn't take my advice on the matter and listen to someone like yourself with a far greater idea on authenticity. Once again sorry and best of luck to the chap interested in it.

Hello Wolfgang, I couldn't make out the dent line either, but there Seems to be a faint hint of it when you look hard at the area, but the photo, as said, is not sufficiently clear enough to make it out for sure one way or the other. What Is quite apparent, though, is the beading flaws-both obverse and reverse in the lower section. I'm not all that sure as to just what to make of these 2 Ritters. They May have been unissued and picked up after the war, or they may even have been of the infamous post-war assembled pieces. A person would almost need to have the pair of them in front of him and compare them millimeter by millimeter to the reference pieces out there. Wolf-what do you make of Bronk's Other Ritter?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Too bad photos to make a decent comment, please make better photos

Even bett if you can do some scans.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello Wolfgang, I couldn't make out the dent line either, but there Seems to be a faint hint of it when you look hard at the area, but the photo, as said, is not sufficiently clear enough to make it out for sure one way or the other. What Is quite apparent, though, is the beading flaws-both obverse and reverse in the lower section. I'm not all that sure as to just what to make of these 2 Ritters. They May have been unissued and picked up after the war, or they may even have been of the infamous post-war assembled pieces. A person would almost need to have the pair of them in front of him and compare them millimeter by millimeter to the reference pieces out there. Wolf-what do you make of Bronk's Other Ritter?
    William, the other cross appears to be a good 800 4. Better photos would be of help however.
    It shows the dent row, almost complete, though hard to see. It also seems to show the flaw on the lower section of the 9 o'clock arm. I can not see any beading flaws, indicating an early "B" frame.
    Wolfgang

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3