Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, real or fake??

Article about: Hello everybody! I would much appreciate the expertise of the Forum members regarding this Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, I was recently offered... Is it real or fake? Perhaps a postwar c

Exclamation Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, real or fake??

Hello everybody!

I would much appreciate the expertise of the Forum members regarding this Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, I was recently offered... Is it real or fake? Perhaps a postwar copy??

Thank you in advance and all my best!

Jose

Last edited by rbminis; 07-26-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology and to orient photos properly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, real or fake??
    P
    Many

It does not match any wartime maker I know of, but my knowledge about RKs is limited.

The fact that the seller's discription says 'nachkriegsfertigung' or post war production, plus a price tag of €500 while an original can go up to €10000! This is probably not an original cross.......

Regards

Post-war creation would be a no swastika award, which this one is obviously not, so, unfortunately, this would be a deliberately aged fake that was never issued to anyone, made solely to cheat people from their moneys.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello everybody!

I've been out these days and could only access the forum with my tablet, however it is not working properly, so I could not respond to your comments meanwhile, I apologise for this!

Your comments have been greatly appreciated, thank you so much and all my best!

Jose

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    It does not match any wartime maker I know of, but my knowledge about RKs is limited.

The fact that the seller's discription says 'nachkriegsfertigung' or post war production, plus a price tag of €500 while an original can go up to €10000! This is probably not an original cross.......

Regards
    Hi Nick!

Thank you for your comment, you are probably right, it was too good to be true at such a low price...

All my best,

Jose
    Last edited by Viriathus; 07-31-2014 at 01:19 AM.