Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.

Article about: At the request of a friend I am posting this Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds for some expert opinions as to authenticity. One of his friends was boasting of his new acqui

Default Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.

At the request of a friend I am posting this Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds for some expert opinions as to authenticity. One of his friends was boasting of his new acquisition - pictured below. Although pretty well entirely clueless in this area, I know enough not to hold my breath that his one is real. I’m certain that there sufficient extant information contained within this thread to arrive at an answer, so I apologize in advance for taking the easy way out . . .

Many thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.   Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.  

Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.   Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.  

Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.   Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.  

Last edited by Adrian; 02-25-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds

this is, unfortunately, a copy.

i have only seen these from images and anyone with superior knowledge is free to correct me however, to my eye, the shape of the oak leaves themselves is wrong, the stone settings are incorrect and more sparsely mounted than what is seen in originals and the suspension loop looks incorrectly shaped at the ends and incorrectly stamped.

the fact that those swords are unfinished and simply left flat and totally without detail from the reverse view is a big red flag as well.
    Last edited by tempelhof; 02-25-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Copy, as tempelhof said wrong shape and size of the oak leaves
    Morris

A jeweler's wearing copy at best, but doubtful even so for the above stated reasons.(plus the complete absence of the core finish and the unwearable neck ribbon) Sorry.....but
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The ribbon I believe to be good, any thoughts on the RK itself?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten.

A post war Souval RK, cleaned within an inch of its life!

?

A really awful RK as Danny says cleaned to death almost as some sort of bikers garbage to match the silver helmet !!

I hope this guy didn't pay much for this set , do people who buy sets like this realise how rare and expensive a real set would be ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Many thanks for the input guys. The owner is likely watching this thread, and now has his answer.

Regards and thanks again,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne