Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions

Article about: The seller has both of these for sale. The Ritterkreuz is boxed with ribbon. He tells me that he has been told the ring has been worked on - it looks a little different to examples I have se

?

Default Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions

The seller has both of these for sale. The Ritterkreuz is boxed with ribbon. He tells me that he has been told the ring has been worked on - it looks a little different to examples I have seen on here before. The EK2 ring looks pretzeled to me, although I have seen others like this.

Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinionsRitterkreuz and EK2 for opinionsRitterkreuz and EK2 for opinionsRitterkreuz and EK2 for opinionsRitterkreuz and EK2 for opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions

The Ritterkreuz loop showes it has been pinched off rather than machined and the hoop leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Hope I am wrong.
    Others will help on the EK2
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

(if your buying localy) Just to make you aware there are some dealers in SoCal that sell crap. If this is from private, then that passes one of my hurdles. EK2 looks pretty good to me, wait for EK2 gurus on that. Ritterkruez i cant comment on since I don’t own one. (don’t plan on one for long long time) straight on frontal shots would be better

?

Hi Al,
    The EK2 looks ok, possibly a '132' going by the makers mark. Straight on shots would be a massive help as I can't make out the inner corner beading pattern.
    The RK I'm not confident about, there seems to be some crude filing on the edges of the arms, I can't see what the makers mark is supposed to be and again we're missing some photos of it, there isn't one of the reverse and again, you need to post some straight on shots of it to give anyone a chance of assessing it properly.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree the EK2 looks like a 132. Here is my example and the mm looks the same

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions  Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions  Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinions 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

As the guys have said, the EK2 is a good one, but I think the RK looks to be a post-war Souval (collectible in itself but not to be confused with an original - especially price-wise. Souval did not make war-time RK's but produced these post-war for the souvenir market).
    Bett pictures are needed to be certain.

Regards - Danny

?

Here are some more pics.
    Ritterkreuz and EK2 for opinionsRitterkreuz and EK2 for opinionsRitterkreuz and EK2 for opinions

Al,

Thanks for the extra photographs.
    Yes, I believe that this is a Souval (ie. post-war) cross - low profile swastika and distinctive dates (especially the 3's) fit its known characteristics. They are usually marked L/58 - is that what the second marking is?

Regards - Danny

?

Yes, for sure not an original wartime made piece. The quality of finishing around the arms ie; the crude file marks and the very poor joining of the frame halves are also good indicators of a post war fake. Add Danny's points to the mix and you have your answer!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I know you can buy a car for the price of an original. How much is a Souval worth? He has an offer of $1100.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast