Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ritterkreuz to General Johann de Boer

Article about: I'm not sure what the law is about posting images and I haven't read the small print on the Emedals site but I think by posting images in the public domain you are effectively allowing them

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz to General Johann de Boer

I'm not sure what the law is about posting images and I haven't read the small print on the Emedals site but I think by posting images in the public domain you are effectively allowing them to be copied. Probably the subject of a whole new thread elsewhere.
    Anyway, out of courtesy it is best to let Emedals post their images or at least ask them before posting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz to General Johann de Boer
    P
    Many

Of course.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Anyway, out of courtesy it is best to let Emedals post their images or at least ask them before posting.
    Thats was my thought exactly ......lets see if they (Emedals) respond positively.....
    Prost ! Steve.

The IC was made by Juncker
    marked on the ring (800 L/12), loop marked (800)
    Ritterkreuz to General Johann de BoerRitterkreuz to General Johann de Boer
    Ritterkreuz to General Johann de Boer

Sorry that I can't deliver some more pictures it is already sold.

But here is everything about it:
    Johannes de Boer: Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, by Juncker, marked on the ring (800 L/12), loop marked (800), magnetic center, silver frame, measures 48.2x54.20mm, textbook example, with original ribbon mounted as originally worn, with sewn clasp at the ends, good very fine condition; Romania, Order of the Crown, Commander’s neck cross with Swords, Type II, in silver gilt and enamels, marked on a ring with Romanian State hallmarks, mounted on neck ribbon, good very fine; pair of General’s collar tabs (uncut, unused, near mint), together with a single shoulder board; Soldbuch – second issue (Zweitschrift), with General’s photo, many entries (from 1944), awards entered on page 22 include: clasp to Iron Cross 2nd class; Iron Cross First Class; Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross (16.7.1940, hence an early award); Romania, Order of the Crown, Commander; German Cross in Gold (March 1942). Soldbuch showing use and age, about very fine condition. This group also includes two copies of General’s photos – one from 1936, another showing him wearing this very cross, easily identifiable by wear markings on the Cross. Generalleutnant Johannes de Boer was born on 5 September 1897, in Hamburg-Altona; Entered the Army as a War Volunteer in the Lauenburgisches Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.45., 2 August 1917: Unteroffizier in Field Artillery Regiment 223., 14 January 1919: Transferred to Border Protection East, Brigade “Grodno.”, 20 February 1919: Transferred to Volunteer Artillery Regiment 12., 1 November 1919: Transferred to Light Reichswehr Artillery Regiment 7 of Reichswehr-Brigade 7., 20 December 1919-30 June 1920: Transferred to Military District Command VI., 30 June 1920: Separated from the Army., 1 July 1920: Accepted into the Mühlheim Police Department., 16 February 1921: Transferred to the Hamburg Police Administration., 1 April 1933: Transferred to the staff of the Police Chief in Hamburg., 1 June 1934: Transferred to the 11th 100-Man Detachment of the Hamburg Police., 13 July 1934: Transferred to the 9th (13th) 100-Man Detachment of the Hamburg Police., 15 November 1934: Machinegun Officer with the Hamburg Land Police Group., 7 January 1935: Transferred to the staff of the Hamburg Land Police Group., 30 March 1935: Transferred to the 10th 100-Man Detachment in Bremen., 15 October 1935: Returned to the Army with the rank of Hauptmann on the staff of the II. Battalion of Artillery Regiment 56., 6 October 1936: Battery Chief in Artillery Regiment 56., 12 October 1937: Commander of the I. Battalion of Artillery Regiment 58., 30 September 1939: Commander of Artillery Regiment 22 of the 22nd Air Landing Infantry Division. [On 10 May 1940, the Germans unleashed the “Blitzkrieg” on the Low Countries and France. On the first day of the attack, paratroops of the 7th Flieger-Division (Generalleutnant Kurt Student) and air landing troops of the 22nd Air Landing Infantry Division (Generalleutnant Hans Graf von Sponeck) seized strategic bridges and airfields in the vicinity of Rotterdam and The Hague. (Note: For further information on the 22nd Air Landing Infantry Division’s role in the invasion of the Netherlands, see the profile of Generalmajor Georg Friemel.) In June 1941, the division took part in the invasion of the Soviet Union and, from late 1941 until the summer of 1942, participated in the fierce fighting for the Crimea peninsula and, later, the fortress city of Sevastopol. In July 1942, the 22nd Air Landing Infantry Division transferred to Crete where it remained on occupation duty until September 1944.] 25 April 1943: Army High Command Leader Reserve., 3 May 1943: At the same time, detached to the 4th Division Leader Course., 5 August 1943: Delegated with the leadership of the 26th Infantry Division on the Eastern Front., 1 October 1943: Commander of the 26th Infantry Division on the Eastern Front., 10 November 1944: Commander of the 280th Infantry Division in Norway. [Headquartered at Bergen, the 280th Infantry Division served under General der Artillerie Hermann Tittel’s LXX Army Corps as part of the German garrison in southern Norway. At the time of the German surrender, Generalleutnant de Boer’s division consisted of Fortress Battalions 645, 655, 658, 666, 1015 and Fortress Battalion “A,” Signals Company 280, support units numbered 280, and Panzer Company “Bergen.”] 8 May 1945-1947: Prisoner of war in British captivity, 9th January 1946 to Island Farm Special Camp 11 from Camp 1, 15th January 1948 transferred to Camp 99 from Island Farm Special Camp 11, 15th April 1948 Crack repatriation from Camp 99 via Southampton, He died on 14.3.1986.

Regards eMedals

?

Many Thanks Barry. The additional photos are very much appreciated and excellent reference material.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be the owner of emedals.ca would you?
    I'm not the owner, I just work for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2