Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ritterkreuz help/opinions needed

Article about: Hello everyone, This is my first Ritterkreuz and I am very excited about it. However, I wanted to swing by you experts to see if it is the real deal or a fake one. It is unmarked, but I see

?

Truly awful fake i'm afraid !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz help/opinions needed
    P
    Many

If you are really interested in buying one of these things, there are detailed books out now which are not cheap, yet provide a wealth of information… and if you are willing to part with the money, you may want to invest in some books first. One thing to keep in mind, experts even disagree on things often. I have one book that is titled "The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross" by Dietrich Maerz - good information yet some will disagree with all that is said. At this point in time - with so many opinions, you need to know your source for purchasing one of these things with a background on it if you can get it. I Have an early Otto Schickle which was the producer of probably the "worst" of the Crosses of this type yet it came directly from a German Ace via a friend/dealer who was busting up his collection so I bought it years ago… great history with it, the vet was still alive when I bought it from my friend who got it directly from the vet. I wrote the vet and he wrote me back sending me his military history, and though it isn't the nicer of the series, it's real - yet I know some would look at it and shake their heads. Research WHO you buy the item from as much as the item itself… you will save yourself much angst when doing things this way… as we all know and have experienced… that sick gut feeling of buying something later you learn may not be quite what it is reported to be, and other times… you find something that is remarkable… and things are great all around. Good luck. The book I mentioned above is on Amazon, and other good written works can be found at militaria shows, the MAX, SOS etc… and online via RZM.Com and Bender Publishing etc.

Here is a good site for an identification guide for the Ritter's.
    Knight's Cross Gallery
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

slayeric
    ?

A big shout out to everybody who responded on this thread. The knowledge you guys brought to the table saved me a ton of money which frankly, I could put it to good use to get the real deal in a few years time

I posted here as soon as I accepted the offer but had like 48 hours to checkout. But you guys were so fast that I was convinced it was a fake within a few hours of posting, haha.

Also, thanks for all the input, especially the images of original Ritterkreuzs. It will help me immensely to ward off any people I know or here buying from the sites that you guys mentioned.

This thing is still up on 'iOffer' and it's a whopping
    $5,294.50 - YIKES ! - I don't think it will be
    selling any time soon.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

iOffer is perhaps one of the greatest traps for new collectors. It is a giant steaming pile of crap. I have only ever seen 1 or 2 real things on there, and none of them were big ticket items like an RK. Save your money and time and don't go on iOffer.

Actually, I'd almost think that a person has a better chance on eBay than on Ioffer....and that's saying alot...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2