Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2" FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article about: by jdb What's your opinion on Helmut Weitze COA's? Hello and welcome. Do you mean COAs from Weitze in general or a specific one? Please look back over the thread and you will see my opinions

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2" FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Wait until daylight for the pics. Compare the inner corner profile on the front to that on the back. You can see the reverse side has much sharper corners and the cross hatching is evident whereas on the obverse the inner corners have been rounded of significantly.
    Will do... I see what you are saying.. and thanks for the observation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2"   FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Compare the inner corner profile on the front to that on the back. You can see the reverse side has much sharper corners and the cross hatching is evident whereas on the obverse the inner corners have been rounded of significantly.
    Adrian, the sharpness of your eye never ceases to amaze me. Here I am, barely keeping my eyes open despite the medium blend Guatemalan I'm sipping, and you can point that out. Hats off to you, well spotted!

Lowboy, congratulations on acquiring a wonderful item. And thank you for sharing it with us all, its a pleasure!

Regards,

Carl

Excellent Award! Now go out and find a little leaf and sword thingy to hang on it! lol Did you get any history to go with it? Or which Branch of the service it was awarded too? Congrads on a top notch Ritter!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Excellent Award! Now go out and find a little leaf and sword thingy to hang on it! lol Did you get any history to go with it? Or which Branch of the service it was awarded too? Congrads on a top notch Ritter!
    Thanks guys!!
    Like many of these.. I have no history...

?

I cropped and altered this one.... temp ..fill light etc..
    This cross was just commented on by Dietrich.. he says by the pictures, it looks like an original cross ...he also told me via Pm (on a diff forum) that The filing of the obverse inner corners of a Juncker Cross is normal ..... it will be going to him for a COA this week.. As I appreciate the observation Adrian... but its not nice to stress me out like that on my first "ritter day"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2"   FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2"   FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Last edited by Lowboy; 03-08-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Nice one!
    It has that ....litlle more then mine!
    ;-)
    Enjoy!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    As I appreciate the observation Adrian... but its not nice to stress me out like that on my first "ritter day"
    Haha! My apologies, no stress intended, I didn't mean to cast doubts in your mind. It's well known that some makers filed down the inner corners of the obverse frame to make sure the swastika fitted. My observation was that I had never seen the inner corners filed down to such an extent on a Juncker cross before was not intended to be taken as a slur on the authenticity as the cross is definitely an original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Congratulations !! Its a beautiful cross and you must be delighted. You have a special and desirable piece of history there for sure

Be sure to treasure her !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I wouldn't spend the money for a COA. It's genuine and a Beauty! No problem at all with This one!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Agreed. Nice cross - a gem.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast