Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted

Article about: Banning a member here is a final option. He will not be allowed back. I have ways of telling if someone tries to re-register here. I find this very sad indeed. We have all been stung buying

Default Re: Knights Cross-Opinions wanted

Quote by oradour View Post
    my thoughts exactly re/research...I too regard the award out of reach financially , I only have a 57' version with oakleaves/swords. The picture is a photo of a photo credited to Stephen Previttera, i hope he doesnt mind its use for educational reasons
    I intend to go and photograph the genuine Junker cross tommorow and upload those photographs, for future reference.
    Nice one I look forward to that!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted
    P
    Many

Oradour, that sounded like an expert to me !

I'd like to pick up one of these 'well made' fake/repro KC's for display,
    but all their owners are probably trying to pass them off as original !

Can't afford the real thing.................!

Regards, Steve.

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted

Robert,
    Can you explain why you sold this Knights Cross as an original, for £7,580.81 after you had been advised this item is a fake?
    The link to the sale is here: Knights Cross on iOffer.
    The forum members would be interested to know how not only this item, the EK1 Bob Hritz has asked you about and several other awards you have posted here for authenticating have then gone on to be sold by you under your username 'dakjr5' on iOffer as original.
    As you will be no doubt aware, the collecting community takes a dim view on fraudulent activity and sellers passing items off as original when they know for a fact they're not.
    I would ask you to respond out of courtesy if not on the open forum then by PM to me please.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Robert,
    Can you explain why you sold this Knights Cross as an original, for £7,580.81 after you had been advised this item is a fake?
    The link to the sale is here: Knights Cross on iOffer.
    The forum members would be interested to know how not only this item, the EK1 Bob Hritz has asked you about and several other awards you have posted here for authenticating have then gone on to be sold by you under your username 'dakjr5' on iOffer as original.
    As you will be no doubt aware, the collecting community takes a dim view on fraudulent activity and sellers passing items off as original when they know for a fact they're not.
    I would ask you to respond out of courtesy if not on the open forum then by PM to me please.

Excellent work Adrian!!!

Robert, boxcarbob or whoever he is this week has been attempting to hawk bogus items on this forum and elsewhere for a long, long time. I have personally called him out on some of his fake crap for a long time, but he has never replied to it either on the forum or via p.m.

Does anyone remember the M40 helmet last week? What about the teaspoon he advertised as being part of Hitler's personal dinner service for $1250? If it was original it would have been worth around $450-600 tops, but it wasn't...it was from a hotel in the Tyrol called the 'Adler Hotel' ( hence 'AH' on the handle) a well known source of alledged Hitler Cutlery, and worth absolutely nothing. I also questioned this, and it was imeadiately removed from the forum.

I personally have thought that this guy is hawking bogus crap on here on a regular basis, mixed with other low priced genuine pieces. Furthermore, I am not the only one who has been following his postings on here, and the concensus is unanimous, he and most of his gear is bad. Just read his posts, it's obvious he's a dealer, and a bad one at that. It has taken Adrian to reveal the damning evidence though, and I and I know others here will applaud that!!

He should be banned forthwith, and if you MM, Robert, boxcarbob, dakjr5 or whoever wish to retort, then do it now, either by p.m. or here on the forum, but as it has always been with you, I won't hold my breath.

Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 08-23-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Gents, well done Adrian !...I am with with Ned on this and totaly agree with the above statement....... I told him at the begining of this thread it was a fake cross..... a user ! and a dishonest one at that !
    Prost ! Steve.
    P.S. I never use iOffer so I was not aware of this fellows trading on that site......

Quote by big ned View Post
    Excellent work Adrian!!!

Robert, boxcarbob or whoever he is this week has been attempting to hawk bogus items on this forum and elsewhere for a long, long time. I have personally called him out on some of his fake crap for a long time, but he has never replied to it either on the forum or via p.m.

Does anyone remember the M40 helmet last week? What about the teaspoon he advertised as being part of Hitler's personal dinner service for $1250. If it was original it would have been worth around $450-600 tops, but it wasn't...it was from a hotel in the Tyrol called the 'Adler Hotel' ( hence 'AH' on the handle) a well known source of alledged Hitler Cutlery, and worth absolutely nothing. I also questioned this, and it was imeadiately removed from the forum.

I personally have thought that this guy is hawking bogus crap on here on a regular basis, mixed with other low priced genuine pieces. Furthermore, I am not the only one who has been following his postings on here, and the concensus is unanimous, he and most of his gear is bad. Just read his posts, it's obvious he's a dealer, and a bad one at that. It has taken Adrian to reveal the damning evidence though, and I and I know others here will applaud that!!

He should be banned forthwith, and if you MM, Robert, boxcarbob, dakjr5 or whoever wish to retort, then do it now, either by p.m. or here on the forum, but as it has always been with you, I won't hold my breath.

Ned.
    I have also followed his sales post Ned and agree with you 100% it's about time something was done about this pattern.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Wow !

FWIW, last year when I was considering a Feldgendarmerie gorget Bob pm'd me to say it was fake and he had a genuine one he would like to sell only it was a bit dearer (30% dearer). It all sounded fishy and after much discussion on various forums and personal opinions from experienced collectors my gorget was considered genuine after all and now has pride of place in my collection. I don't trust the guy.

Wow i can't believe that. I had no idea that this kind of people were hidden in our forum.

Last year when i joined the forum, he offered me for sale a few flags but i didn't buy them just because the asking prices were too high IMO.

I had no idea that he was selling fakes.

Guys, when someone is getting banned from the forum, it doesn't mean that it's bye bye forever right? He can make another account and join in again using another nickname, correct?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast