Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RK Loop Opinions Please

Article about: I got this loop nicely marked 800 L/50 awhile ago. I'm not sure if it is for a RK or not. I'm also not sure if thhat is a Godet markings or not? I'm by no means a RK expert. I had lost my Ir

Default RK Loop Opinions Please

I got this loop nicely marked 800 L/50 awhile ago. I'm not sure if it is for a RK or not. I'm also not sure if thhat is a Godet markings or not? I'm by no means a RK expert. I had lost my Iron Cross book to check on the markings. Photos taken with natural light and flash.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RK Loop Opinions Please   RK Loop Opinions Please  

RK Loop Opinions Please   RK Loop Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RK Loop Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: RK Loop Opinions Please

Not seen a double marking like this before on an RK loop, anyone?

Glenn66 from what I was able to research without a good reference book in hand. I had found nothing posted anywhere like this. To me it didn't seam to be a repo of any sorts. I'm totally stumped on this one. Here is a poor photo of a stamped 800 65 sorry i don't have a better photo
    RK Loop Opinions Please
    Last edited by SS gentleman; 07-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Not seen a double marking like this before on an RK loop, anyone?
    This does occur, I've seen Juncker loops marked with '800 L/12' and C.F. Zimmermann loops marked '800 L/52'. There are also examples from Godet and Klein & Quenzer marked on the loop with their PKZ numbers, '21' and '65' respectively as well as the '800' for the silver content.
    This can be seen in Gordon Williamson's book 'The Iron Cross of 1939'.

The loop posted above genuinely looks very believeable but would require someone with rather more experience in the finer details of the RK than me to authenticate it........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank Adrian! That's what I hoping to find out.. Got to get another Gordon Williamson Book.