Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RK for rewiev, good or bad

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you about this RK. It messures 44,8mm both ways (without ring) It is non magnetic. The band reponds as it should to "fire" Details on both frame and co

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    at the end of the day its not an original one.
    What a dissapointing remark, Harry
    Sad but true, I guess I did allreight though, when buying it at the price of an ordinary EK2
    I must face it, I will probably never have the money to spend on a pre 45 RK, at the ordinary price .
    This deal was pure chance, RK came more or less as a bonus with the rest of the stuff

MFG
    Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RK for rewiev, good or bad
    P
    Many

its still very nice Marc,you can spend a lot of money on upmarket RK reps.so in my book its a keeper UNTIL who knows.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    at the end of the day its not an original one.
    I disagree. If we consider post ww1 1914ers as genuine and collectable pieces, we must do the same with post ww2 1939ers. Post war KMSTs or Hansen screwbacks are considered highly valuable. Why we draw so strict line on 1945 year? What ended that time? History? Surely not.

Speaking with Imperial language, this is not original awarded cross, ok - but it is nice private purchase piece. Congrats to it.

Quote by Miro View Post
    I disagree. If we consider post ww1 1914ers as genuine and collectable pieces, we must do the same with post ww2 1939ers. Post war KMSTs or Hansen screwbacks are considered highly valuable. Why we draw so strict line on 1945 year? What ended that time? History? Surely not.

Speaking with Imperial language, this is not original awarded cross, ok - but it is nice private purchase piece. Congrats to it.
    Like that way of thinking, in this case at least
    I think maybe about the ww1 post war pieces, is because it is in between the 2 wars After ww2 germany is not very likely to start another one ! I can´t make up my mind on this issue.

But I will keep it for sure By the way, is there any with a ST and L oakleaves to spare ?? When looking closely at the box interior, it seems as there have been oakleaves on the cross !!

MFG
    Marc

?

Everything was the same. Or at least comparable.
    S&L was an authorised producer of wartime awards and thus of postwar awards after ww2 but also after ww1. They saw no difference, at least in first years. The demand from veterans was the same after both wars. Maybe after ww2 even bigger, as many soldiers lost their awards in the moment of surrender and needed replacements long before 1957 Ordengesetz. Ok, Hitler became kaput after ww2, but same way Kaiser Wilhelm did a war before (kaput from political point of view). In both cases Reich became Republic after the war. And, unfortunately, we are still between two wars...

Thanks for replies :-)
    I was wondering when were these S and L's produced with B frame and 57 box ??
    As mentioned, the seller told me he had it sometimes before 55 !

Mfg
    Marc

?

Can we see the bottom of the case?

Here it is, the bottom of the box :-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Ah, an early domed bottom case, matches the set perfectly! The seller could be right, I've read they have been spotted well before 1957.

You need one of these:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RK for rewiev, good or bad   RK for rewiev, good or bad  

?

It´s nice, very early post war etui, that coud be used for post war B frame swastica RKs and with high certainty belongs to the cross. It would be good to understand, that "57er" is term for awards, not for etuis. When 1957 Ordengesetz came, awards changed, but etuis had no swastica, so could be used continuously. For example, I have nice early S&L EK1 in war leftover etui.
    Your RK etui, with incused line around the top and lowered edges on the bottom, was used very shortly for very early 57 RKs, but was probably in use already for post war swastica B frames. Only then came the etui with flat bottom, as is mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast