Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Salty EK2 pick up.

Article about: Wow Glenn, plenty of salt on that beauty !!! Here is my salty old '93' Richard Simm & sohn Nick

Default Re: Salty EK2 pick up.

Wow Glenn, plenty of salt on that beauty !!!

Here is my salty old '93' Richard Simm & sohn

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Salty  EK2 pick up.  Salty  EK2 pick up. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty  EK2 pick up.
    P
    Many

?

That original photo does seem to be a K+Q. The form of the "1939" often shows that as the maker. Maybe a salty example but as Nick says, there is nothing wrong in that! Glenn has the saltiest cross I've seen for a while though, hands down!

Regards,

Carl

You guys really blow me away with your ability to identify EKII makers at a glance. How do you do that? What parts of the cross do you examine?

?

I'll let Nick take this one Mo...he and Adrian astound me with their knowledge and speed of the EK's.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by carltiger View Post
    I'll let Nick take this one Mo...he and Adrian astound me with their knowledge and speed of the EK's.

Regards,

Carl
    I am the wrong person to ask. I can only identify a handfull of makers!!

Adrian and Fabri are the main men !!

I learned from Fabri that the number '3' in the dates is the biggest telltale sign, as there are so many that are unique to the manufacturer.Its just a matter of memorizing them. Obviously there are many more signs like the beading, die flaws, suspension rings. Even other numbers in the date like the number '8' on Deumers for example.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I can tell W&Ls and Souvals and thats it. I do know my salty example above is a J.E Hammer & Sohn but thats because of the 55 on the ring!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    You guys really blow me away with your ability to identify EKII makers at a glance. How do you do that? What parts of the cross do you examine?
    One or two things on some crosses, lots of things on others! The core, the dates, the beading, the flaws, the frames, they all count. You have to take the whole picture and decide from what you see. One makers core might be found in several frames, for example, W&L cores are used in Juncker frames so looking at the core plus the frame will give you the maker. Another example is maker '56', used S&L frames but has a unique reverse date so at first glance you might think S&L but would be wrong.
    On top of that you have the various progression of die wear and flaws developing which some makers corrected by re-working the dies which can give a previously easy to identify cross a whole new look.
    Some are dead easy to identify, some require a little more work, it's knowing all the little idiosyncrasies which can be used to your advantage when trying to tell one maker from another.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

OK fellas, here are the better pics i promised........ extra salt , lol !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty  EK2 pick up.   Salty  EK2 pick up.  

Salty  EK2 pick up.  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2