Article about: Well done Nick

Default Re: A scarce EK2

Nice cross Nick!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A scarce EK2
    P
    Many

Very nice but what makes the L/16 rare and much saught after? Is it due to limited production. I only ask because I don't know and I still don't own the most rudimentary books on Ek's yet.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Thanks to my friend Sonny , I now have a much sought after L/16

Adrian, Sonny, add your beauties to this thread please lets reunite them!!!

Nick
    Nick,
    I've lost the photos of my cross so will have to take some more and post them shortly.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Very nice but what makes the L/16 rare and much saught after? Is it due to limited production. I only ask because I don't know and I still don't own the most rudimentary books on Ek's yet.

Rudy
    Hi Rudy

Limited production as you say. S&L didnt make many crosses for retail, infact all EK2 LDOs are scarce apart from L/11. I think Sonny has most of them though!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Nick,
    I've lost the photos of my cross so will have to take some more and post them shortly.
    Great, I am looking forward to seeing it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Rudy

Limited production as you say. S&L didnt make many crosses for retail, infact all EK2 LDOs are scarce apart from L/11. I think Sonny has most of them though!!

Nick
    Well, I still need L/18, but very very hard to find. I only know of 2 genuine examples!
    I have:
    L/11, L/11, L/12, L/13, L/14, L/14, L/15, L/16, L/16, L/54, L55, L55, L/56, L/56.

?

I just found a old picture of my L/16's.. Adrian owns the one in the middle now.

One of them comes with matching case.. A few pics of that one also.

And finaly a old picture of my LDO's. I have one more cased cross now, that is not on this picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A scarce EK2   A scarce EK2  

A scarce EK2   A scarce EK2  

A scarce EK2   A scarce EK2  

A scarce EK2  

You guys are fanatics!

Sonny, I never cease to be amazed by that shot, magnificent

Nick

?

Hi Rudy

Nick
    Just to clarify slightly, S&L made many EK2s, they're one of the most easy to find makers and they also supplied frames to many other manufacturers.
    The scarce thing is the makers mark. Some S&L crosses are unmarked, some are marked '4', a very small amount are marked 'L/16'. The basic cross is the same, same core, same frame (or accepted variations thereof), it's just the makers mark that is different.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast