Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

A screw back EK I

Article about: I had just purchased this very cheaply. It is not in good shape and I can't find any maker marks on it. Could anyone enlighten me on this. Thanks, John

Default A screw back EK I

I had just purchased this very cheaply. It is not in good shape and I can't find any maker marks on it. Could anyone enlighten me on this.
    Thanks,
    JohnA screw back EK IA screw back EK IA screw back EK IA screw back EK I
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A screw back EK I
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A screw back EK I

From these pictures I can only enlighten you in that you have bought a fake. The wide frame suggests a '24' but I don't think they were made with a screw back and this appears to be made in one piece. The rusting on the frame and core is the same which as they were made from different materials, should look different.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    From these pictures I can only enlighten you in that you have bought a fake. The wide frame suggests a '24' but I don't think they were made with a screw back and this appears to be made in one piece. The rusting on the frame and core is the same which as they were made from different materials, should look different.
    Glad you said that Adrian, I have been searching all morning for an example of a 24 SB !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Haha!

Me too!

I compared it to your pin back '24' and although the dates look close, the rest doesn't and it looks like a one piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Incredible observation Adrian..as I know nothing about these but the condition alone would of led me to believe otherwise.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys, I knew you would come through for me. I had a feeling about it when I got the Magnifying glass out and had some good light. 60.00 was not a lot for a chance at a junk shop. Oh well could have been worse.
    John.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.