MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some new and old crosses

Article about: by AdrianC I'm missing several LDOs, a Schinkel B and a Round Three with the swastika on a pedestal, I think there is another type of single piece EK2 I haven't yet found, other than that, I

Default Re: Some new and old crosses

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    My first EK2 is in the post to me right now and I still don't know how to break the news to my wife! Maybe I should just hide it straight away? Or get the pain over and done with?
    Well Glenn my wife was ok with my first 3 or 4 EKs, she thought I had stopped at 6! Imagine if she knew I had 40 :shok_yik

Be sure to show us your new EK2 when you get it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some new and old crosses
    P
    Many

?

Maybe you should collect RK-s, your wifes would have no problem with that few 5-6 cross.

Anyway, very nice collection you have Sonny!
    Every cross in very good condition with great patina or mint.

I always be concerned about that the guys like you who's main focus is on one type of award, collect other awards too?
    I mean, you collect EK's, but you have other type of awards, badges too?

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    I always be concerned about that the guys like you who's main focus is on one type of award, collect other awards too?
    From my collecting perspective I collect 1939 EK2s by maker and variant as my first priority. I'm almost there with this collection, just a few more of the rarer types to find.
    I also have an example of most of the combat badges. I also collect 1914 EK2s by maker, Mothers Crosses, KVKs to a lesser degree, I have a helmet, a visor cap, many photos and documents relating to my collecting interests. I also have four daggers.
    At the moment I'm collecting Minesweeper badges by maker and variant.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    From my collecting perspective I collect 1939 EK2s by maker and variant as my first priority. I'm almost there with this collection, just a few more of the rarer types to find.
    I also have an example of most of the combat badges. I also collect 1914 EK2s by maker, Mothers Crosses, KVKs to a lesser degree, I have a helmet, a visor cap, many photos and documents relating to my collecting interests. I also have four daggers.
    Do you display your items Adrian?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

So you are omnivorous just like me.
    I try to collect every combat badge type and also focusing on IAB, Pilot badge,EK variants.

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Well Glenn my wife was ok with my first 3 or 4 EKs, she thought I had stopped at 6! Imagine if she knew I had 40 :shok_yik

Be sure to show us your new EK2 when you get it

Nick
    Oh I will, my wife is a professional photographer so one day when she is out i'll set up her camera, tripod and lights and hopefully get some nice shots... (I'll just have to remember to delete them off her memory card before she sends some family portrait shots in for printing and the family get a nice framed EK2 on canvas instead of smiling children!)

?

Do you display your items Adrian?

Nick
    Not yet Nick although the time is fast approaching when I will get my EK2s framed. Any missing makers will have doubles in their place until such time that I can get the missing makers/variants.
    The trouble is knowing when to stop, say enough and get them displayed and not add any more. My Mothers Cross collection was going to be a certificate of each grade, a full size and mini of each grade and that was it. You know the rest! Now I want an example of each variant in each grade, then there's the photos of them in wear, the other associated paperwork etc etc!

So you are omnivorous just like me.
    I try to collect every combat badge type and also focusing on Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Pilot badge,EK variants.
    Pretty much, yes. I collect what I like and can afford. I would love an example of each type of Observers badge and Pilots badge, an RK of the EK and both types of RKKVK, an officers visor cap from each branch of service and colour piping but I can't justify it. I like the Minesweepers badges, they're affordable so it works for me on both counts.
    I also have other pursuits and interests which I enjoy that cost money, I'm just about to shell out 2k on a new rifle - I can't do it all.

But I enjoy what I do!

?

I have some other medals too. 4 KVK2's, 2 Ostmedals, Westwall, 1 October with bar, 5 different Long service medals, some IAB, GAB and PAB, Destroyer badge, some wound badges, a few insignias/dogtags, a Luftwaffe overseas hat, some armbands, alot of photos, papers and so on.
    But my main interest are the EK2's..

What makers or variants are you still missing, Adrian?

Not yet Nick although the time is fast approaching when I will get my EK2s framed. Any missing makers will have doubles in their place until such time that I can get the missing makers/variants.
    The trouble is knowing when to stop, say enough and get them displayed and not add any more. My Mothers Cross collection was going to be a certificate of each grade, a full size and mini of each grade and that was it. You know the rest! Now I want an example of each variant in each grade, then there's the photos of them in wear, the other associated paperwork etc etc!

Pretty much, yes. I collect what I like and can afford. I would love an example of each type of Observers badge and Pilots badge, an RK of the EK and both types of RKKVK, an officers visor cap from each branch of service and colour piping but I can't justify it. I like the Minesweepers badges, they're affordable so it works for me on both counts.
    I also have other pursuits and interests which I enjoy that cost money, I'm just about to shell out 2k on a new rifle - I can't do it all.

But I enjoy what I do!
    I know what you mean! I would just love to collect SS but there is just no way I can afford those items!

Do you competition shoot or hunt ?

Nick

?

Quote by Snni View Post
    What makers or variants are you still missing, Adrian?
    I'm missing several LDOs, a Schinkel B and a Round Three with the swastika on a pedestal, I think there is another type of single piece EK2 I haven't yet found, other than that, I'm nearly there!

Do you competition shoot or hunt ?
    Nick
    I go hunting Nick - much better than going to Tescos!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast