Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Some new and old crosses

Article about: by AdrianC I'm missing several LDOs, a Schinkel B and a Round Three with the swastika on a pedestal, I think there is another type of single piece EK2 I haven't yet found, other than that, I

?

Default Re: Some new and old crosses

Hello Fabri,

so its an early Godet, like this on the left? ( I know these are yours, beautiful examples)
    Some new and old crossesSome new and old crosses

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some new and old crosses
    P
    Many

?

Great crosses!!! I just love the 2 of them!!

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    Hello Fabri,

I don't said marked "20", just C.F. Zimmermann("20").I beliave Zimmermann made EKII-s.Maybe this type belongs to him:
    I managed to get one of these crosses recently, the thread is here.

Fabri, sorry, I didn't see your post before I replied above, my thoughts on this type of cross are in the linked thread.

Just realised, I still need to find an early Godet to add to the collection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I managed to get one of these crosses recently, the thread is here.

Fabri, sorry, I didn't see your post before I replied above, my thoughts on this type of cross are in the linked thread.

Just realised, I still need to find an early Godet to add to the collection.
    I just realised that I have a cross like that.. I will take a picture now. I think I have this cross at home right now.
    There is a thread on WAF on this type too:
    EK2 for identification - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Here it is:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some new and old crosses  

?

@ János , these are the pics I had to add.. ahahah. Yes core on the left, the early Godet.

@ Adrian , I have read the thread but I have not find your thought. I would like to read it because you are a great expert and collector.
    I think those are old thought, we know the early Godet is that one showed by János, just found packeted and marked Godet ( I have seen it personally). That cross can not be a Zimmermann too. There was no a reason to build new dies for cores and frames, maybe one of them, not both.
    I have an example to show: Juncker crosses and W&L crosses. They are so similar ... more than crosses we talk here but unfortunately they comes from 2 different manufacturers. I don't give it a chance, in my opinion another one in the group of the unknown makers.

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    @ Adrian , I have read the thread but I have not find your thought.
    I have an example to show: Juncker crosses and W&L crosses. They are so similar ... more than crosses we talk here but unfortunately they comes from 2 different manufacturers. I don't give it a chance, in my opinion another one in the group of the unknown makers.
    Sorry Fabri, I thought my comments were in that thread. It must've been in another which I can't find now.
    I'm personally unconvinced that the cross is a Zimmermann or Godet (at the moment anyway).
    The cores may be similar but the frames are very different. It would take alot more to make me believe. At the moment it's an unknown cross, hence the title of my thread.

The Juncker and W&L connection is interesting. A member of WAF is researching these companies and how they made very similar EKs and used each other's components. There appears to be solid evidence of the two makers collaborating closely with each other. I posted an unusual W&L cross several months ago which was viewed as a 'missing link' between the two, the finish was Juncker, the cross a W&L.
    I'll post a bit more tomorrow if I can find the details.

?

Juncker and W&L conection like this?
    The text for the cross is: The core is of W&L manufacture being bought in and assembled with a Juncker frame.

Some new and old crosses

?

Has anyone got a Wachtler & Lange cross with a Juncker core?

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Has anyone got a Wachtler & Lange cross with a Juncker core?
    Never.. I 'm curious now.

Thanks Adrian to let me know your thought. I like it. I have to add that Juncker and W&L parts are very distinctive for each manufacturer.
    The partnership is well known but we can recognize their frames, cores, etc.

About that other cross, we can't recognize anything, just similarities.. (that sincerly I don't see so close). in my opinion that 1939 date could be similar with a Lauer too..
    It 's interesting, very nice and very well produced but out of this I think we can not say something more.
    It 's just my thought of course.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5