Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please

Article about: Who in their right mind would sell an original EKI for \\$50?! That alone sounds fishy to me. Adrian: Was this an earlier type hinge the one used on your KVKI, as Fabri alluded to? I haven't s

Default Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please

Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons pleaseSteinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons pleaseI have a guy wanting to sell this EK1. I apologize for the crappy pics, but that's all I have to work with. He said the number on the pin looks like the number "4" and it is VERY small. That would correspond to Steinhauer & Luck. What do you think? He said there is a small speck of rust on the front by the swastika. The pin looks long to me---did they make them longer than the medal? Unfortunately too, the pin is bent. But, if the price is right, and it is real, I may get it. Thanks

Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please

Not a good one IMO based on the pics, and besides that the reverse setup is all wrong for a S&L. Sometimes pins can be longer than the badge, but I have never seen them that much longer on an S&L EKI. Let's see what the EK-pros have to say.

- Kenneth

Thanks for the opinion! He said he "thought" it was a number 4. Does it look like some other maker? Maybe if the number is a 1 or 5? Just wondering if he read the number correctly.....

?

Hard to know from these poor pics.. yes the pin seems too long but the set-up don't seem so wrong to me, could be the early type.
    Sincerly I 'm not able to say more in this moment.

KSH
    ?

Quote by fabri View Post
    Hard to know from these poor pics.. yes the pin seems too long but the set-up don't seem so wrong to me, could be the early type.
    Sincerly I 'm not able to say more in this moment.
    I have only seen them (S&Ls) with this kind of hinge I have posted below (and screwback of course). Did they use different hinges earlier on?

- Kenneth
    Attached Images Attached Images Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please 

I do apologize for the pics. That is what he sent me. I also did some research on the pin of the S&L and I agree with your picture. That is what makes me suspicous about his. BUT, if he mis-read the number and it is a different maker....that's a whole other ballgame.

?

From those pics, I don't like it.
    If seller don't send you better pics, don't buy.
    There are many other EK1 for sale all the time, so it's no worth the chance.

I agree with Sonny, you need better pics before you spend your money

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Better pics are a must. These are terrible to make a judgement from. I'm with Fabri, S&L did use a reverse setup such as above, I have a KVK 1st Klasse with similar.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for all your guys' input. Unfortunately, it does not matter anymore.... he called and said another guy showed up and bought it...for $50! I may have missed a great deal here. Oh well....like you all said, there are alot of other EK1s out there. Thanks for all your help.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast