Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please

Article about: Who in their right mind would sell an original EKI for \\$50?! That alone sounds fishy to me. Adrian: Was this an earlier type hinge the one used on your KVKI, as Fabri alluded to? I haven't s

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please

Who in their right mind would sell an original EKI for $50?! That alone sounds fishy to me.

Adrian: Was this an earlier type hinge the one used on your KVKI, as Fabri alluded to? I haven't seen them before on S&Ls.

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please
    P
    Many

Like I said...I'm not so sure this guy even knew what he had. I found his ad and he listed it as "a black metal cross". He found it in his grandfathers dresser when they were cleaning it out after he passed away. He knew it was German because of the swastika, but didn't seem to know much of anything else about it. Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk.

Bill

story sounds fishy to me,,,

$50 .... even my kid sister would know that an EK1 doesnt sell for $50 , come on!!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thanks for all your guys' input. Unfortunately, it does not matter anymore.... he called and said another guy showed up and bought it...for $50! I may have missed a great deal here. Oh well....like you all said, there are alot of other EK1s out there. Thanks for all your help.

Bill
    In that case I think you saved yourself $50 Bill!

Quote by KSH View Post
    Adrian: Was this an earlier type hinge the one used on your KVKI, as Fabri alluded to? I haven't seen them before on S&Ls.

- Kenneth
    Not sure of the timelines on these hinges Kenneth, hopefully Fabri can add more here as he is more knowledgeable on the finer details of the EK1s than me.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the replies! I can always count on you people on the forum to give me good, honest opinions! I do appreciate it very much. I'm learning alot too!

Bill

?

Coincidently there is another thread here with a S&L marked EK1 with the same reverse set up.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I can always count on you people on the forum to give me good, honest opinions! I do appreciate it very much. I'm learning alot too!

Bill
    You're not the only one learning a lot here! I really didn't know S&L used a different hinge setup than what I've been used to see. Sorry about my mistake there.

- Kenneth

?

In this pic the early and the late (well known) Steinhauer & Luck.
    You 're right guys the anchor is clearly different than that one on 1st post, I didn't remember
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please  

?

update ! I was not wrong.. another variant from this manufacturer in the vertical anchor showed on the EKI book (I not saved pics..)
    so this set-up is known but that cross probably is fake as we all think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steinhauer & Luck EK1 REAL OR FAKE---opinons please  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2