Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Third reich ek1 (opinions please)

Article about: Hi Chaps, I know the pictures are a bit crappy but I would welcome your opinions on this EK1. Cheers Andy

?

Default Re: Third reich ek1 (opinions please)

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    What do you think?
    Andy
    I think you should stop worrying! It looks like a good Meybauer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third reich ek1 (opinions please)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I think you should stop worrying! It looks like a good Meybauer.
    That's good news!! Cheers Adrian
    Andy

?

i am in the same prediciment right now with a different maker ek1----trying to figure post to period. I told myself I wouldnt go for a ek1 souval because I honestly cannot tell the difference between his post war and wartime ek1's. I have read all kinds of reveiws on them, but there are so many different opinions its hard to get a straight answer. The souval i was offered is for a really decent price, but I just dont want to take that gamble. Good luck on your search Andy

Andy, here are some shots of my '26' for you to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Third reich ek1 (opinions please)  Third reich ek1 (opinions please)  Third reich ek1 (opinions please)  Third reich ek1 (opinions please) 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello Andy, last cross you bought from the e-stand is good and nice, well known early Meybauer as just sayd, charateristics are pin shape and date.
    I have one like this because I find they have a fine style.

?

Thanks Guys and Thanks Nick for the pics of the 26. It's a cracker!!!
    What do you think of this one? It is stamped L/13 and was quite clearly dug up (If the story that I was told was correct). The core has suffered badly and the swastika has almost rusted away.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third reich ek1 (opinions please)   Third reich ek1 (opinions please)  

Third reich ek1 (opinions please)  

?

Well L/13 is Meybauer again and it's in very poor condition. How much is the asking price?

?

Hi Adrian. I bought this cross a short time ago. I paid £45.00 for it and was given a bit if history about it being dug in Poland. If it is original, I am happy about the price as it is named. ( That is if it is original)

Cheers Mate

Andy

?

Hi Andy,
    £45 isn't so bad, I certainly wouldn't have paid any more for it though. The main thing is you're happy with it, is there a name scratched on the back? The hollow swastika gives it an interesting look.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Hi Andy,
    £45 isn't so bad, I certainly wouldn't have paid any more for it though. The main thing is you're happy with it, is there a name scratched on the back? The hollow swastika gives it an interesting look.
    Hi Adrian,
    The cross has the name "RUBIN" scratched into the back. When I bought this item, the dealer described it as follows:
    "Iron cross I aquired this iron cross at a military fair in Leeds. I took it in a deal off a polish chap with some other items he was looking to swop. The story of the cross is that when he was a school boy he, with friends used to watch older boys digging up the shallow graves of german soldiers who had been hurriedly buried during the war and stripping them of any artifacts that the bodies had.Because he sometimes ran errands for these older boys one of them gave him the cross in thanks. Rear of the cross is good with the L/13 makers mark of Paul Meybauer Berlin. The face of the cross is as you can see in excavated condition"
    I obviously can't confirm this story but it is definately an interesting one!!

Cheers

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast