Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Article about: Hello! This week purcases. Two marked crosses "123" and "23". The third one, Souval beading, has an unreadable mark on the ring. What is the experts opinion about this EK

?

Default Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

Hello! This week purcases. Two marked crosses "123" and "23". The third one, Souval beading, has an unreadable mark on the ring. What is the experts opinion about this EK II ?Thanks!enni.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse   Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  

Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse   Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  

Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse   Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  

Last edited by enni; 01-15-2011 at 08:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse
    P
    Many

Default Re: Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

I EKIIs look fine to me, But i would wait for opinions to tell for certain.

?

23 and 123 are good, I am not sure about the unmarked one.

I agree, the two marked ones are good, but the one looking like a Souval is questionable as the reverse date is very low. Can you send a close up of the maker mark?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse

I enclose two pictures to my previous topic.enni
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse   Three Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse  

?

I would be happy with all of them. I don't see any red flags on the Souval. It looks fine to me, all features associated with this maker and the condition/patina look exactly right as well - for me it's good.
    I made a thread regarding Souval crosses last year, you can see it here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian, why is the 1813 so low down compared to the 1939 on the obverse? I have not seen this on Souval EK2s before

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Adrian, why is the 1813 so low down compared to the 1939 on the obverse? I have not seen this on Souval EK2s before

Nick
    Hi Nick,
    From the wear to the paint on the core around the edges where it meets the beading it might be the core is very loose and that is why the date appears low, maybe enni can confirm this......?

?

Hello! I have a question, How can I add picture or pictures to an existing of my topic? “Replay to Thread”---> I enclose the text if it is necessary ----> then I have two options --> “Insert Link” or “Insert Image”. Both of them required URL. Can I upload pictures directly from my computer using “Insert Image” option? enni

?

Quote by enni View Post
    Hello! I have a question, How can I add picture or pictures to an existing of my topic? “Replay to Thread”---> I enclose the text if it is necessary ----> then I have two options --> “Insert Link” or “Insert Image”. Both of them required URL. Can I upload pictures directly from my computer using “Insert Image” option? enni
    I find it easier to use the 'go advanced' option when replying to a thread and I want to upload photos. From there you can type your reply, scroll down and click on the 'pictures upload' button and go from there, you can upload the images direct from your computer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast