Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??

Article about: What do you guys think about these two Iron Crosses, good or bad? Hard to tell from the photos, but maybe a more experienced collector will see something here that I don't.

?

Default Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??

What do you guys think about these two Iron Crosses, good or bad? Hard to tell from the photos, but maybe a more experienced collector will see something here that I don't.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??   Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??  

Attached Images Attached Images Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions?? 
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-23-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Two Iron Crosses (EK2) - Opinions??

The Imperial looks ok to me, is there a makers mark on the ring of the TR cross?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??

Yes, 55 is what the seller said he thinks it reads.

Hi Dyzner

Have a search of some '55's and compare. Here is mine. Let us know what you think

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??  Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions?? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Both seems ok to me

?

Hi guys. Sorry for the late reply, been a bit busy buying more stuff

Wolfspear, my 55 is dead on with yours, thanks so much for posting the photos.

This is the first Imperial EKII I've purchased and was a bit concerned by how much thicker the center is than the TR crosses. I guess that's normal? Its also not as detailed as the TR crosses; not as precise I should say. Does appear to be three piece construction still though.

?

The quality of Imperial EK2s vary widely, some are exquisite and elegant, some are quite crude by comparison, the cores do vary in terms of thickness. Take a look down in the Imperial forum and post the cross down there, Steve and Greg will be able to tell you alot more.

?

Ok guys, I finally had some time to take better photos. Have a look at these and tell me what you think. The TR cross definitely looks good, but have another look at these more detailed photos of the Imperial Iron Cross and let me know what you think. Still good?

Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??

Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??Two Eisernes Kreuz (EK2) - Opinions??

?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    The TR cross definitely looks good, but have another look at these more detailed photos of the Imperial Iron Cross and let me know what you think. Still good?
    Absolutely. Both are good, original EKs from their respective periods. No problems with either, in fact '55' EKs are notoriously poor in terms of quality compared to other manufacturers but this is one of the rare good condition examples. Many had very poor frames that appear to be double stamped and generally look rough.

?

Awesome! Thanks AdrianC. I was really hoping these were both good since they're in such great condition.