Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Übergroß EK2?

Article about: Just to clarify, the Deschler crosses are seperate from the Ubergrosses crosses, I posted the latter for reference only. The only maker who set their suspension rings in a drilled out indent

?

Default Übergroß EK2?

Slowly getting back into TR crosses a bit. Picked this EK2 up recently because it looked bigger than a normal sized EK2. Could this be an Übergroß? It is unmarked, three piece and magnetic. The beading and swastica are bigger and the frames are thicker than a normal EK2. Im not familiar with the different types of Übergroß crosses so your help and info are much appreciatedÜbergroß EK2?Übergroß EK2?Übergroß EK2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Übergroß EK2?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Übergroß EK2?

Thanks to some good guys I know that this is an unmarked Deschler.

Very nice cross! Thanks for showing.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...sse-ek2-20442/

Regards
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 11-04-2011 at 10:28 PM.

A good Deschler indeed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for the helpful link Ingrid It will take me a while to memorize all this info but now I know I have a cool and hefty cross

Thanks Nick for helping confirm this as a Deschler I looked for an example of this cross in the EK database and when I didnt find a match I thought this was an Übergroß for sure, never seeing one in person.

Are these oversize Deschler crosses the only ones that have the free moving suspension ring mount? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

very nice cross thanks for sharing

tom

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Are these oversize Deschler crosses the only ones that have the free moving suspension ring mount? William
    Hi William,
    Deschler crosses don't have a free moving suspension ring. This maker is the only one that sets the ring in a large recess, it is soldered into place and doesn't move. It does appear like it should but it doesn't.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

There's a link here to a thread which shows the different size of an Ubergrosse cross compared to standard and Schinkel crosses. Please also see the pic below.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Übergroß EK2?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello Adrian, They are, indeed, most unusual in any case! Your ring seems to have a slight starboard lean to it, so it kind of made it look like it was lying loose. In the second photo on leej11's cross-the one of the 1813 side, the suspension ring seems to almost sit in a drilled out indentation! I noticed in the photos of your own another difference also that I was wondering about. Is it uncommon to see the little humpback on the rim inside the ring such as this one has? You really Do learn something new everyday,I guess! lol But very interesting crosses, for sure! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast