Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ugly/charming cross ill let you decide

Article about: apoligies guys heres some ics

?

Default ugly/charming cross ill let you decide

Just got this maker marked cross 4, for steinhauer and luck. it seems to have a bad case of the rusts.

At first looking at it i thought it may have been repainted with big blobs but looking at the rest of the core
    its imaculate! also presing down on the raised parts (with a cotton bud of course) its solid ?. So possibly an unworn
    cross just forgotten in a damp old drawer.

Ive decided i like it, what do you guys think?

heres the link to pics of my ek colection too, its taking me ages with more to do lol and ill get a group pic when i get my Deschler cross Nick, the guy forgot to post it lol

ww2 iron cross second class steinhauer and luck mm4 - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ugly/charming cross ill let you decide   ugly/charming cross ill let you decide  

ugly/charming cross ill let you decide   ugly/charming cross ill let you decide  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ugly/charming cross ill let you decide
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ugly/charming cross ill let you decide

I would like to see some photos taken in daylight when possible please Rory.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Certainley Adrian first thing tomrrow (hangover permitted lol) have you doubts Adrian? i must admit i gave the cross a thorough check over and al checks out, only the bottom right inner corner does cover the swaz slightly althought the cross does resemble my second class s&l cross in that it is poorly made, especially the connection mae betwen both frames seen here ww2 iron cross second class steinhauer and luck mm4 - YouTube let me know what you think Adrian

Chers Rory

?

The pics have aroused my curiosity! If you get to take any new photos, can you take some of the edges of the cross as well please? So we can see the seam where the two halves of the frame are joined?

?

not a problem Adrian! i love the way you are interested in the finer details as myself, which attracted me to this cross (this and the price)
    but i think the most intresting/ cheapest cross in my collection is my second class unmarked example of this cross
    simply because how poorly it was made, it shows how it was made and when i get pics up of this cross it will show how
    they made up for each part (pics will explain)!

for now a link to my second class with many detaied pics from the side ek 2 dodgy frame

?

on the nine oclock arm the joint mark doesnt go straight but curves up near the end making the front part of the frame very thin in parts?

?

The videos are good Rory but still images would be much better if possible. It's much easier to open up photos and do side by side comparisons rather than pause a video which isn't as sharp as a still image can be.

I'm not quite understanding how the straight line rust lines got Under the black core finish. The small chips in the black are not directly connected to the straight line bubbling areas.Was this core scratched previous to coating and assembly? And if so, why would it have been assembled at all? I'm honestly not liking this piece too much-for Me, at least, it looks like old left over parts that were assembled post war.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Look forward to pics.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm not quite understanding how the straight line rust lines got Under the black core finish. The small chips in the black are not directly connected to the straight line bubbling areas.Was this core scratched previous to coating and assembly? And if so, why would it have been assembled at all? I'm honestly not liking this piece too much-for Me, at least, it looks like old left over parts that were assembled post war.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. I had one of these crosses many years ago (before I knew any better) and the frame and reverse was made from a light alloy type of material, not like a 'normal' EK. It also had the exact same finish on the core, not rusty and bubbled as above but with the matt eggshell paint. The gaps between the front and back were filled with something to fill in the uneven gaps.

Someone posted another one here which looked the same and it was my conclusion on that one too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast