Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unissued E.K.2 need to authenticate

Article about: Exactly as Sonny has pointed out. Also you will notice that in the 'valleys' between the arms of the swastika, the bottom shelves up towards the top of the swastika, there isn't a defined ri

?

Default Re: Unissued E.K.2 need to authenticate

Exactly as Sonny has pointed out.
    Also you will notice that in the 'valleys' between the arms of the swastika, the bottom shelves up towards the top of the swastika, there isn't a defined right angle between the base of the core and the upright of the swastika. Hard to explain, see the pic below, imagine looking at the core from the edge.
    Also circled in blue is the flaw on the three o'clock frame.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued E.K.2 need to authenticate  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unissued E.K.2 need to authenticate
    P
    Many

?

It 's a good work Adrian !
    I 'm afraid for the next step of these fakes..

Great info Sonny/Adrian Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I love it when the flaws get highlighted and made obvious! Makes it so much easier to learn what to look out for. Thanks!

?

Just glad to help
    I hope that it will help to spot one of the better EK2 fakes..
    It's very easy to spot, when you know what to look for.
    Just remember always to get good pics from the seller.

thanks for the comments guys i appreciate it

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Also you will notice that in the 'valleys' between the arms of the swastika, the bottom shelves up towards the top of the swastika, there isn't a defined right angle between the base of the core and the upright of the swastika. Hard to explain, see the pic below, imagine looking at the core from the edge.
    Hi Adrian,

I understand what are saying here but I'm confused between your statement and an article on Floch fakes from Wehrmacht Awards.com which I like to use for reference as the author seemed to have a good grasp on the subject. I've copied a page from the article which seems to state that the pyramidical swastika, while being found on Flochs fakes is also a feature of genuine TR swastikas.

Are you and the author talking about the same feature? If so then there is a contradiction between two learned sources regarding the legitimacy of the angled swastika. Is it good, bad or is the jury still out on that one?

Cheers
    Glenn

?

No, different features. The 'pyramidical' swastika is a feature of genuine and fake EKs, just as straight sided swastikas are.
    In the article by Peter you show he is pointing out the actual sides of the swastika are at an angle, imagine a pyramid which has been chopped off just above its footing, the sides would still have the angle. Looking down on it, as in the pic above, you can see the entire top surface and the entire base of the swastika where it rises from the flat surface of the core. See the diagram below.......

The feature I'm pointing out is within the recesses between the arms of the swastika. The inner 'valleys' (for want of a better description!) gently slope up to the blind end of the recess, there is no sharp angle between the flat 'valley' bottom and the steep side of the swastika.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

OK I think I got it! The flaw feature we are looking for here is the join between the surface of the core and the blind end of the inner swastika arm. Regardless of the swastika edge being at 90 degrees to the core or angled, the core must meet the swastika with a clean angle rather than a slope of built up material from the core to the swastika edge.

Thanks a bunch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2