MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

The Unknown EK2 - #2.

Article about: This is the second of my newest arrivals, another EK2 by an unknown maker. I have only seen two of these crosses one of which is this example. The frames are very unique, high density of bea

?

Default The Unknown EK2 - #2.

This is the second of my newest arrivals, another EK2 by an unknown maker.
    I have only seen two of these crosses one of which is this example. The frames are very unique, high density of beading and very straight arms which has led to it being dubbed as a 'Schinkel B' type - not an actual Schinkel B.
    The date design is also unique.
    In hand, another excellent quality EK, the measurements are 43.97mm wide, 44.23mm tall and 4.33mm thick.
    I should also mention that this cross came with a Carl Forster & Graf packet. We don't know what a CF&G EK looks like so it could be a possibility but as we can never know when the cross and packet were married, it's impossible to be any more certain.
    Again, I would welcome your thoughts and comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Unknown EK2 - #2.   The Unknown EK2 - #2.  

Last edited by Adrian; 10-01-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Info added.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Unknown EK2 - #2.
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Unknown EK2 - #2.

Very nice one, Adrian. Your other unknown EK2 is also quite nice. Are there many unique unknown maker EK2s in circulation?
    I especially like the date design on this one.

On an unrelated note, I should receive my mm 100 either tomorrow or on Monday.

?

I look forward to seeing your new EK!
    There are a few unknown EKs about, mainly the variant types, Round Three, Ubergrosse but relatively few 'regular' EKs, the two above obviously and the unknown 'Odd date' EK2 you can see here spring to mind.

Again a nice quality cross with distintive Schinkel B type arms. I thought it was a 'B' when I first opened the thread!

I like to think you have a C Forster & Graf and packet and you are about to rewrite the EK2 history books

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I like to think you have a C Forster & Graf and packet and you are about to rewrite the EK2 history books

Nick
    It would be nice to think that Nick and who knows, maybe it is a Forster & Graf cross. It might also be an Assmann! Or something completely different. Unfortunately we just don't know at the moment.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I have only seen two of these crosses one of which is this example.
    Make that three examples. Coincidently, another one of these surfaced on WAF last night, see here: Unknown EK2

?

Another great catch, Adrian! I love it!