Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hey all, I'm (relatively) new to collecting and would appreciate some input on this purportedly genuine unmarked EK2. Any idea who the maker may have been? Thanks. (btw, the white mark on th

Default Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hey all,

I'm (relatively) new to collecting and would appreciate some input on this purportedly genuine unmarked EK2.
    Any idea who the maker may have been?
    Thanks. (btw, the white mark on the right side of the back of the cross is from a price sticker the dealer put there. )

Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-12-2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Ah Dang just realized I posted this on the wrong forum. My apologies for being an idiot.

Please read and keep this in mind.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum Northwest. I see no issues with the cross's authenticity. I believe the maker to be Fritz Zimmerman. Compare to this example posted on Jim's Militaria. Very nicely photographed on your part BTW! Best regards.

Brian

Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseUnmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

GALLERY ITEM - GERMAN WWII IRON CROSS 2ND CLASS 1939

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please read and keep this in mind.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Will do. Thanks.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Northwest. I see no issues with the cross's authenticity. I believe the maker to be Fritz Zimmerman. Compare to this example posted on Jim's Militaria. Very nicely photographed on your part BTW! Best regards.

Brian
    Great! Appreciate the input! I try to buy from reputable dealers but you never know.
    Many thanks!

Brian
    The 1939 dates do not match, IMO.
    The 3 is different, the first nine on the original one posted has a smaller ball on the leg, and the original one posted does not have a beveled swastika.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Brian

Unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseUnmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

GALLERY ITEM - GERMAN WWII IRON CROSS 2ND CLASS 1939
    No its not a Zimmermann, compare the numerals

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Ralph and Nick for the correction. Admittedly I was focused more on the frame and beading than the core. I know Zimmerman used at least two cores throughout production and thought incorrectly perhaps this may of been a third. To my still training eyes I thought the obverse dates were close but the 8 in the OP cross's reverse seems shorter than the rest of the numerals? I'll keep digging. Damn devil damn details. Best regards.

Brian

Perhaps this one?

Doug

I was thinking the same Doug