Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unusual Eisernes Kreuz, opinions please if real or fantasy???

Article about: Adrian seeing your RK with oakleafs I started wondering. Submarine commanders were awarded the RK with or without leafs by radio, as a rule the crew immediatly made one out of scratch for th

Default Re: Unusual Eisernes Kreuz, opinions please if real or fantasy???

im usually on darlington town work matey. im 23 so yeah everyones alot older and grumpier than me lol. youll know me when you see me as im unusually slim for a bus driver lol...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Eisernes Kreuz, opinions please if real or fantasy???
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Oh Boy! That has to be the second worst fake I have ever seen.
    Hello! All sort of things they sell ! On which position will that be on your chart? enni
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual Eisernes Kreuz, opinions please if real or fantasy???  Unusual Eisernes Kreuz, opinions please if real or fantasy???  Unusual Eisernes Kreuz, opinions please if real or fantasy??? 

I reckon a new forum section called 'The Hall of Shame' is in order, if not to educate then just for laughs....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Is this one from Snyder as well?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here you go.......... you asked for it!
    Very ugly fake indeed

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I reckon a new forum section called 'The Hall of Shame' is in order, if not to educate then just for laughs....
    Hello! No, not from Snyder. This time it is an auction in Estonia. The seller is honest. He claims that the Oak Leaves are fake and the Knight’s Cross is 99% fake too. The current price is 56.50 € and after two days someone will buy it.enni

?

Hello! No, not from Snyder. This time it is an auction in Estonia. The seller is honest. He claims that the Oak Leaves are fake and the Knight’s Cross is 99% fake too. The current price is 56.50 € and after two days someone will buy it.enni

?

Quote by enni View Post
    Looks like they chose High Gloss Spray Paint to do that one! Must be 1% Original tho. ha

Now thats the Best Worst i have ever seen, LOL

?

Glenn makes a fair point. There are other forums where new members who post their items good or bad, don't get an answer because everyone has 'seen it before' and get bored of answering the same questions day in day out and sometimes these members never progress beyond this stage of posting.
    It is really good to see a new collector start out in the hobby and it has to be understood that initially there are the inevitable questions but you also see that in the right environment and with a push in the right direction, the new collectors can very quickly become more knowledgable than they realise at first.
    I have absolutely no problem with new members asking basic questions and would encourage them to do so - everyone had to start somewhere - but please learn from the answers you get! I would also encourage more experienced collectors to answer constructively and offer explanations of why a piece is good or bad, post links for them to refer to etc.
    It can be quite intimidating for a new collector to start out on any forum and be met with curt, short answers or not get any answers at all, it can discourage and put them off posting, they don't learn or gain experience and this can lead to expensive mistakes.
    This is a friendly place to post, the members here are all good guys, there is a huge amount of knowledge here and I hope everyone can help a new guy out. Saying that though, if, after 5000 posts you're still asking 'is it real and what's it worth' then you have to understand patience can wear a little thin........

I would also point out that eBay is not the place to look for genuine TR awards and decorations. Those days are long gone.
    Your point is very understandable Adrian, but sometimes it's really difficult. I'm new to this forum and i have a 2nd period Luft dagger in my collection. I trawled through the first ten posts of Luft daggers, but could not find any, fake or good looking like mine. The threading in the handle on mine looked different than the others. Big Ned gave me "a cautious" thumbs up on it though. I fully understand that not many have answered on it, because there is really a LOT of asking about these daggers. Must be a pain the ... answering the same over and over.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast