Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Vaulted Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse info....

Article about: Hello, Looking for info on these. I've read that there are "vaulted" crosses. Were these magnetic or non-magnetic?? I'm guessing private purchase items, so they would come in eithe

Default Vaulted Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse info....

Hello,
    Looking for info on these. I've read that there are "vaulted" crosses. Were these magnetic or non-magnetic?? I'm guessing private purchase items, so they would come in either screw or pin back?? Had one that i picked up at a gun show 20 years ago. Was told it was real, but a few years back, was told it was not. It is lost now, but just looking to learn.

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vaulted Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse info....
    P
    Many

Vaulted 1st class Iron Crosses did exist in the period. I have only seen pin back but it is possible screw back exist. Without pictures, it is impossible to give you an opinion. However, as you bought it that many years ago, chances are it is period original.

- - ------- - -

PS: welcome to the forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Saw this one...

Not to sure about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vaulted Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse info....   Vaulted Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse info....  

Vaulted Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse info....  

Forgot, like your dog!! GSD's are the best.

Vaulted crosses are either factory vaulted or hand vaulted by it's owner. The terms magnetic/unmagnetic core and pin- or screwback don't really matter here, they come in all forms.

A vaulted EK1 leans closer to the uniform and has a more aesthetic look as well.

Quote by veezerboy View Post
    Not to sure about it.
    Bad fake unfortunately.

Regards,
    Nick

have to agree,its bad.

Thanks. Figured it was.....

Mine has been misplaced, but was really just looking for info on the WWII "Vaulted" cross. I'm taking it that they were made in small numbers and were private purchase?? I like the vaulted crosses and was under the impression they were after period, but finally got around to reading the Iron Times and saw they were made, but only in 1941?? but I would think a soldier could purchase privately