Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

Article about: Hi guys, I have just received this amazing Spange, which is an early rare EKI-Spange in Buntmetall made by an unknown maker which based on GCA-research was probably based in the Lüdenscheid

KSH
    ?

Default A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

Hi guys,

I have just received this amazing Spange, which is an early rare EKI-Spange in Buntmetall made by an unknown maker which based on GCA-research was probably based in the Lüdenscheid area. Its reverse setup is a 100% accurate match to Spangen made by Deumer.

The "experts" on "The Lord of the Flies forum" deemed this Spange a "Floch with a reworked head"! Which it isn't even close to being.

This exact Spange will be featured in the upcoming EKI-book by Frank Thater to be ready later this year, where it will be featured as an original early Spange by an unknown maker. Frank Thater has handled this very Spange himself.

The Spange has clear shear marks, a finish 100% consistent with wartime pieces and has a 100% wartime reverse setup. This Spange is manufacture-wise not even related to the Floch-fake in any way. Obviously it is related in design to the original Spange that Floch probably based his reproduction on. It also is related to another early Spange that has surfaced not long ago.

The problem on the "The Lord of the Flies forum" is that they deem everything they don't like or understand as a Floch. Period. I call it Flochinitis. It is this kind of ridiculous behavior on this certain forum that has made myself and very many others to completely stay away from it and just leave them to revel in their own poison.

These are harsh words, however well deserved. One of the reasons I decided to buy this one was spite I have to admit!

Let's now just enjoy this Spange instead!

A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!
    P
    Many

Default Re: A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

Flochinell Ken, that's gorgeous!! I'd love to know what the definition of a 're-worked head' is, that's a new one on me!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

"Flochinitis." A very clever statement that should become a a standard term used by the collector community. The paranoia found in collecting these days is humorous. Too many people take positions that they can never justify or prove.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Nice looker Kenneth. The wear to the highlights give it a great look and pick out the details very well. I can't comment on the controversy surrounding this type of Spange as they're a complete mystery to me.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Oh, I almost forgot. One of these "experts" actually invented another new term in his desperation to make this Spange a fake when it became clear to even him that it wasn't related to the known Floch fake. He actually called it "an early Floch"!!!??! Which never have been proven to exist. There also exists no Floch fakes that uses wartime hardware (and certainly not with the pin having identical toolmarks to the Deumer pins). There is actually no evidence whatsoever that Floch made different versions of these awards. And why should he?

- Kenneth

?

Kenneth, can you post a link to the other discussion please? It would be good to see the other aspect of the dialogue surrounding this award and see where things can get derailed.

KSH
    ?

The first discussion on this Spange can be seen here:

estand Spange - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

But also understand that I am referring above to statements that have been made elsewhere than "the Lord of the Flies forum", there have also been discussions on GCA with input from members also frequenting "the Lord of the Flies forum" (this discussion is only available for GCA Premium Members now because of the research in progress, this is where the "early Floch" was purported).

I shudder to think of how many good original items of all kinds have been made to be fakes on this forum, by collectors who elevate themselves to be experts because they own 100 Spangen or whatever, without having real knowledge about the production industry of the period at all. Remember that the EK-Spangen have never been subjected to a comprehensive and thorough study to this date.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-17-2011 at 02:47 PM.

KSH
    ?

I have been sick of the childish "un-culture" on the above alluded to forum (WAF) for a long time. This Spange is merely the last of instances, and the last drop for me. I don't care much for dogmatic fanaticism, if I wanted that I'd join a cult instead. I want open-minded and critical research based on facts. Sure there are many decent and knowledgeable members on WAF, but that for me can't outweigh the poison that permeates the entire forum like a festering plague.

I will say no more.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-17-2011 at 07:07 PM.

?

Alot of very knowledgable collectors have left there over time for various reasons there is no denying and my visits there are more infrequent because of this.
    I'm glad the Spange can be shown for what it is and not written off just because it's an unknown variant. I often wonder myself how many good items have been binned purely because they don't conform to the 'norm'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Kenneth
    it 's a very nice stuff. I 'm not expert in this field but as you 've sayd it 's in real buntmetal, fakes are in another alloy then I have a Floch at home from the middle period I think (.. ahahahhah) to compare, really nothing in common with this one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast