Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

Article about: Hi guys, I have just received this amazing Spange, which is an early rare EKI-Spange in Buntmetall made by an unknown maker which based on GCA-research was probably based in the Lüdenscheid

?

Default Re: A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

Easing the thread back on track............... are many of this type of Spange known or been seen?
    I fully concur that just because something doesn't conform the 'standard' it doesn't make it fake automatically. There are many variants and uncommon versions of many different awards and many unanswered questions!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: A very interesting (and rare) Wiederholungsspange 1939 für das Eiserne Kreuz I. Klasse 1914!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Easing the thread back on track............... are many of this type of Spange known or been seen?
    I fully concur that just because something doesn't conform the 'standard' it doesn't make it fake automatically. There are many variants and uncommon versions of many different awards and many unanswered questions!
    My Spange is the only known example to this date. That's why we know it's rare. This also speaks against it being a Floch or any kind of fake really. There probably are more examples out there and it would be very interesting to see them. I know of 4 different kinds of 2nd model EKI-Spangen by unknown makers.

History-buff1944: I can stand behind every single word of your long and interesting post! I'd be happy to discuss this further via PM, since we apparently are getting off track here

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-21-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Personally I peruse the WAF only infrequently to observe the cat-fights and slander. I am always amused by the number of contributors whose staus is either 'banned' or 'expelled'

Mind you, their e-stand comes in pretty handy sometimes.

Quote by KSH View Post
    My Spange is the only known example to this date. That's why we know it's rare. This also speaks against it being a Floch or any kind of fake really. There probably are more examples out there and it would be very interesting to see them. I know of 4 different kinds of 2nd model EKI-Spangen by unknown makers.

History-buff1944: I can stand behind every single word of your long and interesting post! I'd be happy to discuss this further via PM, since we apparently are getting off track here

- Kenneth

Sorry Adrian, and Kenneth, anything you need, please do ask. Only if I dont reply soon is because im relocating house.

EKI SPange-NOW were back on track again ;-))

KSH
    ?

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Sorry Adrian, and Kenneth, anything you need, please do ask. Only if I dont reply soon is because im relocating house.

EKI SPange-NOW were back on track again ;-))
    Thank you! On track again, but where does the track lead to now? I have said all I can say about this Spange I am very happy to have added to my meager collection, much thanks to the overzealous Inquisitors really - as this Spange would have been sold immediately if it was known at first what it actually was!

- Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, that is one hell of a nice looking piece, and I salute you for obtaining it ;-))

KSH
    ?

This old thread should also be moved to the new EK sub-forum!

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

It is now
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3