Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Very poor fake Ritterkreuz for sale.

Article about: Good news! I got a reply....... Dear Sir, thank you for your mail. Evn though I don't see anything wrong with this item I will return it to the consignor as your mail is now the second mail

?

Default Re: Very poor fake Ritterkreuz for sale.

Good news! I got a reply.......

Dear Sir,

thank you for your mail. Evn though I don't see anything wrong with this item
    I will return it to the consignor as your mail is now the second mail of similar
    content I received about the RK.

Sincerely,
    Andreas

I mailed him back with an image of the same type of fake from this site marked with a '2' for Juncker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very poor fake Ritterkreuz for sale.
    P
    Many

I cannot determine the differences as i know very little about RKs other than they are highly sought after, and command a premium when an original is up for sale. Would somebody kindly enlighten me on the differences between these two?

"the consignor"....lol Does that mean he'll put it back in the hole in his back yard to "age some more"?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    I cannot determine the differences as i know very little about RKs other than they are highly sought after, and command a premium when an original is up for sale. Would somebody kindly enlighten me on the differences between these two?
    Compare these two crosses. The fake as in the opening post and an original Godet/Zimmermann as in post #2.

Look at the frames, the shape, the beading, the inner corners. Look at the core, the swastika and dates. The differences are very clear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very poor fake Ritterkreuz for sale.   Very poor fake Ritterkreuz for sale.  

?

Oh well, the RK has been removed from the site which is good news. Unfortunately the seller seems reluctant to want to learn more about the items he offers for sale.

Hi Adrian,

thank you for the picture. I ams till not convinced that the KC that was consigned
    to me is a fake but I don't have the time dealing with mails that question the authenticity
    of items offered on my site. I also have a good reputation that I built over many years and
    have no desire that the material I am offering for sale will be subject of discussion in one
    or more of these militaria internet forums. Therefor I removed the listing.

Kind regards,
    Andreas

As stated, the seller gives you you're money back, incase it could be fake hahaha

"have no desire that the material I am offering for sale will be subject of discussion in one
    or more of these militaria internet forums."
    If he had even the slightest concern about his sterling reputation, he Should "have a desire" to have his items authenticated on "one or more of these militaria internet forums". These forums are where fraud is countered with authenticity and knowledge. Only a thief would be hesitant to see their items here or elsewhere.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Compare these two crosses. The fake as in the opening post and an original Godet/Zimmermann as in post #2.

Look at the frames, the shape, the beading, the inner corners. Look at the core, the swastika and dates. The differences are very clear.
    Thank you Adrian, i now see the vast differences now that it has been explained what to look for!

?

A very interesting thread. Thanks, Adrian.

?

apart from the ribbon looking a bit too 'new' i couldnt spot any indication it was fake

is that your Godet/zimmerman adrian?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast