Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wartime v Postwar Souval EK2.

Article about: Here are a few pointers to help identify a pre May 1945 Souval EK2 from a postwar Souval EK2 stemming from Farradin's thread here: http://warrelics.eu/forum/orders-dec.../my-ek2-18130/ I hav

Default Re: Wartime v Postwar Souval EK2.

It is marked "4" i think. Which should be "Steinhauer und Luck, Ludenscheid" if i am correct.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wartime v Postwar Souval EK2.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    It is marked "4" i think. Which should be "Steinhauer und Luck, Ludenscheid" if i am correct.
    Yes, so definitely not a Souval and no need to worry about it being fake because it doesn't match the Souval characteristics.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

So are you saying that my Iron Cross is fake or not? I have no idea what i "Souval" is.

?

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    So are you saying that my Iron Cross is fake or not? I have no idea what i "Souval" is.
    Rudolf Souval is/was a maker of Third Reich awards. His PKZ number was '98' and his LDO number was 'L/58' in much the same way as Steinhauer and Luck is/was a maker of awards whose PKZ number was '4' and LDO number 'L/16'. Your cross is an original example from the latter maker with a corroded core which looks like it's had a re-paint.
    There were many makers of EK2s and many different variations on a theme. Just because a particular example doesn't match another doesn't make it fake.

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    A good idea, maybe include the other visual information on EKs you have posted Adrian.

Nick
    Thanks to all for the comments. Nick, in answer to your comment above - I have a 'work in progress' that I turn to as and when time allows.

Spectacular Adrian, well done as usual. This is a great reference. As these become more valuable, I can't help but think, the cad forgers will use all this information to make a more "perfect" die. I guess it's better to get the info out there.

just curious, is there such a thing as an unmarked EK2? i have one that i bought at a flea market for 25 dollars when i was 9 years old and ive always suspected it as being fake. maybe ill post some pictures of it if i can ever get my hands on a damn camera...

Yes, there definitely are original unmarked EK2s. Click on search above and put in unmarked EK2. That will bring up more information for you. Sometimes if you have a copier with a scanner you can get a good enough scan. Good luck!

Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Yes, there definitely are original unmarked EK2s.
    Jay is correct, there are many unmarked examples. Some makers never marked their crosses. Paulmann & Crone is one such manufacturer. EK2s from this maker have only been identified by veteran aquired packeted sets. There are also makers that marked their crosses and yet we still don't know who the maker was, maker '75' for example. As well as the above there are also original marked packets from makers who we can't identify a cross to, Walter & Henlein -'109' is one of these, plenty of original packets and yet no identifiable cross from this company as they apparently didn't mark their product. In this case we can only guess at which crosses are from this maker.

Hi, here you have a EK2 you guys can practice on. This Ek2 is being sold at a militariasite. They say its a '98' Rudolf Souval, but is It wartime or postwar?
    (its unmarked)

/Farradin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast