Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

well used W&L EK1

Article about: Hello i was looking at this cross as it is reasonably priced for its condition, it all looks good for a w&l ( maker marked also). But what does everyone think about the front of the fram

?

Default well used W&L EK1

Hello i was looking at this cross as it is reasonably priced for its condition, it all looks good for a w&l ( maker marked also).

But what does everyone think about the front of the frame? is it possible that repairs were made to it as it seems to look like more than being discolored also the wear to parts of the beeding is odd.

i think this is an origional cross but would like to hear other thoughts on what happened to it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture well used W&L EK1   well used W&L EK1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement well used W&L EK1
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: well used W&L EK1

It's an original cross but I can't explain the damage to the frame. It looks as though something corrosive has been in contact with it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks for the reply Adrian

yes it doesnt take away from the cross too much so i may well go for it, it is very well priced and i wouldnt mind having a closer look.

seller says its came from a Luftwaffe soldier, so hopefully i can get more info

main thing is its origional eh

?

Original indeed. It might have been stored in a drawer with old leaking batteries or something like that, we will never know, only speculate.

The corrosion might brush off with a soft toothbrush and it doesn't really detract so if the price is good I would be going for it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

sounds good to me ill try seal the deal now an post how i get on also if i find out a name too that would be sweet

I agree with Adrian, if the price is right...

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

cheers Nick, the price is right but still waiting on a reply from seller