Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What is this?

Article about: Help appreciated!

Default What is this?

Help appreciated!What is this?What is this?What is this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this?

It is an oak leaves with swords attachment for a German Knight's Cross award. Whether it is original or not I can't tell you I'm afraid.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It is an oak leaves with swords attachment for a German Knight's Cross award. Whether it is original or not I can't tell you I'm afraid.
    Andy is correct, "Eichenlaub mit Schwertern", I can not tell you of originality either.
    Very rough condition as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Would be a sweet find of it was original.

?

Hi JM,

It is a very poor copy of the Oakleaves and Swords to the Knights Cross (Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern).

The original pieces were very well made from silver. This one is not and although badly damaged, there is enough there to tell it's a fake, for example the sword cross guards should not touch the oppsing blade on originals.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Game over.

Well if you have a fake it is certainly nice to know it. I appreciate your info. I looked it up after you told me what it was supposed to be and I can really see the difference. The sword guards were not touching on any other that I saw. It does appear that this is being reproduced and sold for the real thing in a big way. This item was very limited, was it not? Thanks again.