Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can I find a 1914 Eisernes Kreuz single ribbon bar with wiederholungsspange?

Article about: Hey there Guys, I am looking for a 1914 Iron Cross single ribbon bar with wiederholungsspange for a while now. And I only found 1 for sale: WWII GERMAN 1939 SPANGE DEVICE ON SINGLE 1914 IRON

Default Where can I find a 1914 Eisernes Kreuz single ribbon bar with wiederholungsspange?

Hey there Guys,
    I am looking for a 1914 Iron Cross single ribbon bar with wiederholungsspange for a while now. And I only found 1 for sale: WWII GERMAN 1939 SPANGE DEVICE ON SINGLE 1914 IRON CROSS 2nd CLASS RIBBON BAR, ScreamnEagle.com

Here is a picture:
    Attachment 638692

Maybe it sounds stupid to some, but I am looking for one that has a slightly cleaner look, so it will look better on my Iron Cross display
    Does anyone know where I can find one? Or should I just buy this one?

Cheers,
    Remy
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-30-2014 at 11:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where can I find a 1914 Eisernes Kreuz single ribbon bar with wiederholungsspange?
    P
    Many

?

If you want one, buy this one.

A bird in the hand and all that..........

You might be looking for a while to find one that looks just right but the choice is yours!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the advice Adrian. Are they that rare to find?

?

Well I can't say I've ever looked for one but then I can't ever remember seeing very many either so I would say they are quite hard to find.

not easy to find at all.

Do you guys think it is real btw? Anyone have any experience with ScreamnEagle.com?

?

I don't know how reliable this dealer is, but I e-mailed to inform him of a fake badge on his website, so we shall find out.

?

I believe the parts are real but after seeing the back I wonder if they have always been together.

It's no wonder that such a bar is extremely hard to find.

Consider its meaning: The combination of the 1914 EKII ribbon with the 1939 clasp meant that the bearer had served in both world wars, i.e. at some point during the 1914-1918 period and again at some point during the 1939-1945 period.

However, anybody with a 1914 EK II was also eligible for the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges which was instituted in 1934.

So, who would need a single ribbon bar for the 1914 EK II with clasp?

I can only think of two possible scenarios:

1.) A very modest veteran who did not even bother to apply for the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz or who deliberately chose not to actually wear it.

2.) A veteran in whose case the administrative proceedings for the Ehrenkreuz award took so long that WWII came about with his award of the 1939 clasp occuring before he was awarded the Ehrenkreuz (not wholly implausible in the case of the many Austrian, Sudeten German or Memel German veterans who only became eligible after their territory's respective annexations in 1938/39) AND who hadn't won any other medals before or during WWI or the years between 1918 and 1939.

Neither is impossible but no doubt, the number of such cases was not huge...

Really helpfull info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast