Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box

Article about: Hey guys need some help. I've owned this for a while and last week decided to sell it. Stuck it on ebay with the description below and they removed it. I'm no expert and dont really know whe

Default WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box

Hey guys need some help. I've owned this for a while and last week decided to sell it. Stuck it on ebay with the description below and they removed it. I'm no expert and dont really know where I can sell it or how much to ask. I've attached plenty of photos. I hope I've described it ok. Any advice or tips would be really welcome, hope I'm not being a pain..

"This Iron Cross is stamped with its LDO [Administration of German Orders Manufacturers Deutschen Ordenhersteller] also known as its makers mark - L/50 on the far side of the C ring. That signifies it was made by Gebr. Godet & C.F. Zimmermann in Berlin. It has the usual patina which I have never cleaned - it could be bright and shiny should you wish it. The clip is sound and connects well. Three of the arms have a seamless connection - one has a very tiny gap - I've tried to show this in the photos. It comes with the presentation Iron Cross box which is aged [like the IC] but in excellent condition. It is rare that one of these medals comes to the open market with an original box. This particular example shows signs of light wear which would seem to suggest it was actually worn during WW2.
    What makes this unique is the Swastika has been professionally ground off after the war. I have never seen one like this before. Perhaps by a soldier who won this award but wanted to continue wearing this original medal after the war rather than replace it with a 1957 version. This is pure speculation on my part."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box   WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box  

WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box   WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Eisernes Kreuz 1st Class with box
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A shame it has been defaced but I guess it is part of the history.... You can post it here in our classified section.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP I'll have a look at the classified section - I suppose the problem is I have no idea of its value.

Peter

I really appreciate everyone's help. It clearly is difficult to judge what price this IC is worth. I've put it onto Militaria321 as an auction and whatever it sells for that is fine.

Thanks so much for the help.

Peter