Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI Iron Cross Original or Fake

Article about: I got this medal today,Please help me to verify is it original or not? Thanks a lot. It's about 42-43mm,No maker on ring

Default Re: WWI Iron Cross Original or Fake

Hi Kevin,

The iron core just does not look like an Imperial product, and the frame looks much later. I know that Imperial EK's were struck during the TR as replacements That featured a larger crowns than Imperial strikes, but I am not even sure that it falls into this category. Here is an example of an original Imperial produced example. Personally, I think you can do better...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...914-ek2-13308/
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Iron Cross Original or Fake
    P
    Many

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    I got this medal today,Please help me to verify is it original or not?
    Thanks a lot.
    It's about 42-43mm,No maker on ring
    Chopperman is your chap for this one.

I dont like this cross- fake

Hi Steve
    Thanks a lot for your warm help.I got them all for US$70.If return the shipping cost might be $10.Not sure should I return them or not?

Hi Steve
    Thanks a lot for your warm help.I got them all for US$70.If return the shipping cost might be $10.Not sure should I return them or not?
    Kevin- my pleasure. Honestly, the other medals, though nice examples, are not rare and can be had complete with ribbons for very little money. If you like them, by all means try to keep them and maybe get a partial refund on the cross if the seller is willing. If only a refund will be given for all three, I would advise you to do so.

The Kaiser Centennial medal and Hungarian medal can be had complete with ribbons for about $35 each, sometimes less (without ribbons - $12 each) ... Hope this helps.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks steve.I will try to return them all.
    I just post another two insignia need to be verified in another thread,please give your advise,thanks.

Thanks steve.I will try to return them all.
    Kevin,

If you are able to return them, drop me a PM and I may be able to help you locate some nice examples as replacements.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Good stuff, Kevin !

Glad you took Steve's ( the other one !) advice.

Regards,

Steve. ( The other one ! )

Thanks again,Steve M & Steve W
    You know what, Kevin is my given name,My first name is Stephen,^0^!
    I will try to return them after Thanksgiving first.Hope I can get my all money back though.

Kevin,Steve H.

I'm going to have to agree that this cross is a fake. These are
    fairly resent arrivals and there are usually a bunch of these on
    German ebay and are making their way onto US ebay.

The obverese crowns are similar in size and style(but not identical) to some TR era ww1 crosses made buy Deumer and BH Mayer(I think). But the frame beading is really bad and the 1813 date is just
    wrong.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast