Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA

Article about: Here is a new addition. Here is some info, I received from a fellow collector: Wilhelm Frank had not yet been transferred to a soldier's cemetery established by the Volksbund. According to t

Default 25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA

Here is a new addition.

Here is some info, I received from a fellow collector:

Wilhelm Frank had not yet been transferred to a soldier's cemetery established by the Volksbund.
    According to the information available to us his grave is currently still in the following place: Dobrowody - Ukraine.
    Nachname: Frank
    Vorname: Wilhelm
    Dienstgrad: Obergefreiter
    Geburtsdatum: 12.02.1907
    Geburtsort: Oberhausen
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 04.05.1944
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Dobrowody

Any feedback is appreciated - thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA   25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA  

25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA   25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA  

25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA   25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25th Panzer Div Wehrpass - KIA
    P
    Many

I like it! Congrats, I was thinking of buying it. Glad it went to a good home. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I like it! Congrats, I was thinking of buying it. Glad it went to a good home. Stewy
    Thanks ! I found few nice Wehrpasses on ebay lately.

You got this from Ebay? I saw it on WAF. I like the Norway/Finland conflict. Stewy

You got this from Ebay? I saw it on WAF. I like the Norway/Finland conflict. Stewy
    Yes, i never saw it on waf. Any link ?

Thanks !

25.Pz.Division was one of those panzer units that never lived up to the panzer divisions of the so called glory days. The assessment for its combat debut judged the division to be poor with the troops ability to stand fast being brought in to question which wasn't surprising considering that up to 80% of the troops were inexperienced. After its first battle the Division issued a command for 200 NCO's with Eastern Front combat experience.
    From December 1943 the division pretty much ceased to exist as a single unit with the component parts being split up into Kampfgruppen and assigned to other divisions with Stab/25.PD being placed under OKH's control. In January 1944 the division's units found themselves split up among 10 different Divisions/Korps.
    This soldier was killed on the day that an order was issued for the various parts of the division to withdraw from the front line and transfer to Norway, an order that was changed to Denmark five days later. On 13th May Stab/25.Pz.Division entrained for the west with 153 men.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    25.Pz.Division was one of those panzer units that never lived up to the panzer divisions of the so called glory days. The assessment for its combat debut judged the division to be poor with the troops ability to stand fast being brought in to question which wasn't surprising considering that up to 80% of the troops were inexperienced. After its first battle the Division issued a command for 200 NCO's with Eastern Front combat experience.
    From December 1943 the division pretty much ceased to exist as a single unit with the component parts being split up into Kampfgruppen and assigned to other divisions with Stab/25.PD being placed under OKH's control. In January 1944 the division's units found themselves split up among 10 different Divisions/Korps.
    This soldier was killed on the day that an order was issued for the various parts of the division to withdraw from the front line and transfer to Norway, an order that was changed to Denmark five days later. On 13th May Stab/25.Pz.Division entrained for the west with 153 men.
    Thank you and yes, I did read about the division and it was not the most spectacular one.

?

A nice paß to Wilhelm Frank, unfortunate that he was killed just before they left the east. Here to recognize his sacrifice.
    Strangely there are two casualty cards for Wilhelm Frank. Different units are listed and one has the incorrect birthdate.

Obergefreiter Wilhelm Frank of Stab/25. Panzer Division

Name: Wilhelm Frank
    Date of birth: 31.8.1907
    Place of birth: Oberhausen
    Death/missing date: 4.5.1944
    Death/missing place: Dobrowody

Obergefreiter Wilhelm Frank of Stabskompanie/Panzer Grenadier Regiment 146.

Name: Wilhelm Frank
    Date of birth: 12.2.1907
    Place of birth: -
    Death/missing date: 4.5.1944
    Death/missing place: Dobrowody

Gefallen: bomben splitter bauch, oberschenkel

Killed by bomb splinters to the belly and thigh at Dobrovody, Ternopil Oblast, Ukraine. Originally buried 12km northwest of Buczacz [Buchach] in the 6th grave from the left? in row 1 on the north side of the church.